[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /ic/, My fan brush turns into a toothless old lady when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: WP_20160527_007.jpg (2 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160527_007.jpg
2 MB, 1456x2592
Dear /ic/,
My fan brush turns into a toothless old lady when I try to use it.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers
>>
File: WP_20160527_008.jpg (2 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160527_008.jpg
2 MB, 1456x2592
This is what it turns into
>>
>>2538529
Aren't you supposed to keep the bristles dry? and then you just sort of tap/brush the canvas lightly with the tip of it to blend paint that is already down and isn't too thickly laid in.
>>
>>2538533
I don't really know, I've only seen Bob Ross use one of these to paint clouds.
He was loading it with paint and painting directly.
Don't know if it makes a difference that he's using oils and I'm on acrylics either.
>>
>>2538536
>Don't know if it makes a difference that he's using oils and I'm on acrylics either.
It might actually. The water in the acrylics is probably climbing into the bristles and causing them to stick together like that, whereas with oils it wouldn't do that.

Just a guess though as I'm mostly a digifag.
>>
>>2538538
You're probably right, thanks fir the reply!
>>
>>2538538
>>2538524

soak the fucker in mineral spirits and comb it out with a brass wire brush. Next time you paint soak it in alcohol or mineral spirits every 5-10 minutes

>>2538536

the difference is acrylics are fucking plastic and dries in 15-30 minutes, which makes bristles stick together. If you were using oil we wouldn't be having this discussion because i would rinse out easier and not ruin your brush.

Do none of you know how brushes/ paint work outside the screen?
>>
>>2539391
>Leave brushes in freezer for a month, turps/comb em and they're fine
>gf runs out for a smoke and ruins her 40$ brushes

Some of us do paint, the majority is goddamn Wacom using faggots. Physical handling of paint makes the artmaking process.
>>
>>2539436
embrace the progress

>I can't for the life of me get used to tablets
>>
>>2539436
>>2539446
None of that. Everything is just a tool.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.