[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone tried the Watts Atlier online drawing course? If so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: WATTS-logo1.png (6 KB, 181x84) Image search: [Google]
WATTS-logo1.png
6 KB, 181x84
Has anyone tried the Watts Atlier online drawing course? If so how was it? I'm thinking of trying out a month
>>
>>2536247

Ah meant Atelier
>>
Hey everyone, it's the Watts shill!
>>
>>2536273

So I'm guessing Watts is a meme?
>>
>>2536247

i was enrolled in the $200 a month class, i downloaded a bunch of pdfs and videos from the site. it's worth it if you are serious about putting in 15 hours a day working on your shit to get good. you will learn a lot if you dedicate your time to it.

if not, at least make it to diamond 1 before the season ends you piece of shit.
>>
>>2536292

I'm not willing to do 15 hours a day so I guess it's not for me
>>
>>2536305

then don't try to do art at a pro level.
>>
>>2536315

but I just want to get good, not be a professional
>>
>>2536398
I think the videos are worth it. Depends on your money though. I did it for 2 month and it helped me a lot. It is not helpful though if you are a total beginner. Its best when you already kind of know what you are doing.
>>
>>2536247
why is there this thread every week? i like watts but why not just look in the other threads
>>
>>2536402

What would you recommend for the total beginner?

>>2536428

sorry I'm new here
>>
>>2536523

just draw 24/7. watts is for serious people, not hobbyists.
>>
>>2536305
Jeff says to put in as much time as you can. He recommends around 6-8 hours. I don't know where anon got this 15 hour figure from.
>>
>>2536402
The drawing fundamentals courses seemed pretty approachable and thorough. Are you sure you wouldn't recommend it to beginners?
>>
>>2537081
Alright, 24/7 it is.
>>
>>2537754

it's still a lot of shit and a lot of money to spend on fundamentals that you DO NOT need to waste. go buy scott robertson's two books for line control/perspect, scott eatons/prokos/hamptons(pick 1) ONLINE courses for anatomy, vilppu for gestures/character, and any reliable books for reference. just draw 24/7 and go through all those courses if you can't afford school.
>>
>>2537964

perspective*
>>
>>2537964
>tfw drew for an hour
>feeling so hard already
I want to give up, but I know I can't.
>>
If people were able to get good long before watts you don't fucking need watts.
>>
>>2537984

that's the same as saying we don't need medical schools because we were doing medicine before we had them.

stop being stupid.
>>
>>2537997
You can't fix stupid.
>>
>>2538002

Apparently you can't educate it, either.
>>
>>2538003

no it's not the same comparison; you are stretching it to make me appear stupid
>>2538003
and you agreeing with him like you are his boyfriend
>>
>>2538019

fuck off, santi
>>
>>2538027
I'm literally referring to (YOU) as santi if you take a moment and think over my post
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.