[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
carpal tunnel ??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1463344279476.jpg (322 KB, 1536x1023) Image search: [Google]
1463344279476.jpg
322 KB, 1536x1023
that feeling when you barely draw like 4 hours a day and your wrists starts hurting?!?!
>>
Stop tensing up your hand and arm, stop the death grip, draw loosely and comfortably. Don't 'force' accuracy. Accuracy comes with practice. If you try to draw comfortably and your lines become wobbly, you have to practice drawing like that. Don't hold the pencil so lightly it's going to fall out of your hand, but don't force your arm to do things it's not comfortable doing. This will make the tension intuitive and habitual, something you don't want.

Don't draw too small for long periods of time. Ideal studying is done on a large 18x24 or so pad on a board angled in front of you, with your hand resting on paper to relieve the weight from your shoulder. The majority of drawing uses the entire arm and the wrist is only needed for the odd detail from time to time, instead of the entire drawing.

In music you are taught to practice slowly and comfortably, so that when you are familiar enough to play a piece fast, it has the appearance of being effortless. The same should be true in art. You want to learn to draw in a way that when you progress you are both comfortable and precise.

Do the Peter Han exercises as a warm up before you do serious work, and focus exclusively on proper form. Make sure this is consistent and daily.
>>
>>2536217
Not op, but thank you for taking your time to write this, especially the part about accuracy. I'll keep this in mind when I draw.
>>
Stretch, you dumb cunt.
>>
File: 1451733030225.png (319 KB, 912x573) Image search: [Google]
1451733030225.png
319 KB, 912x573
>>2536211
>not regularly stretching and lifting weights so you'll never be weak or experience carpal tunnel
You had it coming, OP
>>
>>2536318
I'm getting tired of you /fit/ assholes
You're becoming the board's vegans/crossfitters
>>
>>2536325
He has a point though, the best way to avoid stressing your muscles out is by exercise so you build up a tolerance to how much you can take. Otherwise you'll just hurt yourself, wait to heal then repeat.
>>
>>2536325
what's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how muscular I am, I'll just assume you were complementing me
>>
File: 1418889810023.png (40 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1418889810023.png
40 KB, 184x184
>>2536325
I'm not saying you have to take steroids, man. But it makes a world of difference. It's not about showing off, you really do feel better in your everyday life. It's not fucking yoga.
>>
>>2536339
>It's not fucking yoga.
The pumping irony here is that yoga would do more do offset carpal tunnel than weightlifting.
>>
>>2536332
Of course he has a point, any amount of exercise will make you stronger thus avoiding injuries
It's the self-righteousness of the way they post what sucks
>>2536337
kek
>>2536339
I do exercise, I just don't bring it on (most of the time) unrelated art conversations

There's a world of difference between "exercise regul
>>
>>2536348
are you ok
>>
>>2536348
>I do exercise, I just don't bring it on (most of the time) unrelated art conversations
until we will leave behind our bodies for something better exercises are always related to the subject
>>
>>2536217
If I draw small with my shoulder and elbow will this be okay? I want to save paper.
>>
Rest your hand periodically, and try taking anti-inflammatory medicine like aspirin if you can,and use cold packs on your wrists.
>>
>>2536211
CTS is a meme. You're more likely to get it from using the mouse and keyboard for shitposting than you are from drawing. Look at Vilppu, he's been drawing for 50+ years and doesn't have it. Jeff Watts doesn't have it. Daarken got it because he was supposedly working 18 hour days with very few breaks, and even he didn't get it on his drawing arm. Be smart, draw from your shoulder/elbow, take breaks, stretch, and you won't get it.
>>
>>2537027
>Daarken
How did I not know this guy?
>>
>tfw recent pain on the whole right arm after years of masturbating 3 times a day with death grip

fug
>>
File: 1462577928092.jpg (8 KB, 276x277) Image search: [Google]
1462577928092.jpg
8 KB, 276x277
>>2536332
>>2536318

>carpal tunnel
>muscles
>>
is carpal tunnel really a meme?!?!
>>
File: IMG_20162605.jpg (80 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20162605.jpg
80 KB, 720x960
>>2536211
daily reminder to stretch everyday if you dont want to end up like me
>>
>>2537149
daily reminder that google reverse image search exists
>>
>>2537121
Yes, LITERALLY a meme.
>>
>>2536318
>do carpal tunnel stretches
>suffer a wrist injury

Mean while, there's those who can draw for hours on end and no breaks. I want that ability :(>>2536332
>>
i find eye fatigue more of a problem to be honest.

it's weird though, in that it seems to affect me more when rendering. i can stare at the screen for hours while doing line work without much of a problem, but it will set in much faster when concentrating on values.
>>
>>2536211
98% of people here have tendonitis if it all. not cts. cts is bad, real bad.
>>
>>2537955
i have the same problem. When rendering i stop blinking...trying to concentrate on what i'm seeing more. So my eyes dry out and after a few hours i can't see anymore.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.