[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people ask what pens the artists use in youtube Q&As
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: exasperated_woman.jpg (14 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
exasperated_woman.jpg
14 KB, 240x320
>people ask what pens the artists use in youtube Q&As
>>
>>2535113
>newfag makes a shitty thread
>>
>>2535113
This has been a thing for years. Wes and Marko used to get asked what pencil they used so often it was a meme before memes existed.
>>
>>2535120
Who
>>
File: marko.jpg (511 KB, 1248x1651) Image search: [Google]
marko.jpg
511 KB, 1248x1651
>>2535158
Two of the most famous character designers on the planet, Wes Burt and Marko Djurdjevic.
>>
>what brushes are you using
Hard round..chalk brush..
>what tablet is that
..it's a wacom
>What program do you paint in
.... photoshop

Any real questions?
>Where can I download your brushes?
>>
>I wish I had a cintiq it but it so expensive >_<
>click on their channel
>nothing but badly drawn anime worse than /ic/ can produce
>search youtube for cintiq review
>nqt3.14 revewing cintiq
>shes mostly showing her body and not the product shes reviewing
>typical woman
>draws badly drawn mark crilley tier anime
>comments: WOW YOURE SO GOOD AT DRAWING >_<+++++++++++++++
>>
>>2535178
Every time
>>
The answer is pen15
>>
>>2535186
But what's wrong with Crilley-sensei
>>
>>2535200
His anime is outdated (not necessarily bad) but his cartooning is better than average and his realism.
>>
>>2535186

I swear to god the average tablet user I see is better than the average cintiq user. I find the reviews are either done by a pro in the industry or some shit tier youtube artist with almost no between.
>>
>>2535307
makes sense. Anecdotally, the 3 best digital artists I know irl have never even used a display tablet at all, ever. 2 of them sell shit on the regular and get by with sub-$100 tablets.

On the flip side a friend of mine got into drawing maybe 2-3 months ago and has dropped a grand on a display.

We're all relatively poor.
>>
>>2535164
I can see why
>>
>>2535113
Post your pen.
>>
>>2535528

My laptop is from 2009 and it's not cutting it anymore, so I'm thinking of getting a Surface Pro 3 or 4 and killing two birds with one stone, digital drawing and having a better laptop. Will people think that about me if I get one?
>>
>>2535113
what pen do you use?
>>
>>2536565
no. just don't think it'll make you artistically better and you're fine
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.