[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sooo...... We've been asked as a final project in an art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Sooo...... We've been asked as a final project in an art class to create a new art movement. I was thinking about something that would be sort of a combination of hyper-realism, surrealism and classical painting. However, that seems to be a stupid idea. I'm currently clueless and duno what to do. HELP! any ideas anons .....?? (P.S. OP is fag)
>>
>>2533148
The real stupid thing is the project. You don't just come up with something on a whim like this. Art movements are organic, larger than one person, and the result of a lifetime of set beliefs/philosophies and tastes and are often in reaction to another existing movement. Also I don't think art movements are even really relevant anymore.
>>
>>2533151
True I completely agree, however i will almost certainly get an F.

To be more specific the movement can be something funny as well.

I was recently thinking about a movement that would oppose internet/post-internet art.
>>
>>2533155
>I was recently thinking about a movement that would oppose internet/post-internet art.
You can do something like this that opposes all the "advancements" in art and technology and just have it all go back to cave paintings
>>
>>2533158
Forgot to say you can call it neo-prehistoric kek
>>
>>2533148
Just draw a bunch of chodes with foreskins for scarves and call it a movement

>Anything is art if you want it to be
>>
>>2533148
>>2533162

The Neo-Nazi:

- get a bunch of images online of colored nazi propaganda and military outfits

- collage different pieces of each picture into a peace symbol on a relatively large canvas for print

- hide all fact that you used nazis to create this image, make sure you include pictures of Hitler (unrecognizable) but still use their black/red colors to your advantage.

That's how you make the Neo-Nazi.
>>
what about a movement with art that looks like really bad amateur/outsider art, but that's produced by people who have been to art school, where instead of actually getting taught how to make good art, get taught how to feel good about what they produce regardless of the quality.
>>
>>2533654
Isn't that just Dada
>>
>>2533148
What a fun little project. I'll tell you what, why don't you interpret fundamental human conflicts in terms of trees? Happy little trees, stoic arctic evergreens, weeping willows. Just take all those feelings and let them grow on the canvas. Shucks, you could call it something fun like "Sylvan-garde". Good luck, friend.
>>
>>2533662
it also can't be ironically bad or done as a reaction to any pre-existing movement. ideally members of the movement will have to have minimal self-awareness and anyone with a triple digit iq is automatically disqualified. it could be called dunning-krugerism.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.