[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There was a reccomended book titled, "Anatomy for the Artist,"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1463948019417-2122350989.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
1463948019417-2122350989.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
There was a reccomended book titled, "Anatomy for the Artist," is this the right one?
>>
>>2532151
>nigger on the cover

I don't think so.
>>
It's a good starting point, though the drawings of the muscles are somewhat stylized and inconsistent. It includes some master studies of paintings and breaks down their use of anatomy, which is kind of interesting. A book I would probably recommend over this one is Valerie Winslow's Human Anatomy, which overall just has more information and more accurate drawings.
>>
>>2532151
Don't think that's the same book, OP. 2bh I bought Anatomy for the Artist and barely read it, though it does have a lot of useful info.

I've found that just printing out reference pics I've found online, and taping them on my wall is much better for learning things than reading tons of pages of a book.
>>
>>2532242

I saw it in local bookstore, it looks pretty nice (the book in OP), nice quality photos with those overlay pages.
>>
>>2532151
I actually have this book.
but...i never liked it. Is it good?

The thing is - to me it looked like some elitistic hipster bullshit with artsy photos of people.
I got it really cheap and that was the only reason i bought it. Is it good?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.