[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any point for a hobbyist to stream while drawing even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: socials.jpg (41 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
socials.jpg
41 KB, 630x354
Is there any point for a hobbyist to stream while drawing even if they don't do commissions?
>>
For fun, I guess?

If you enjoy interacting with people while you draw there's no real downside. Interacting with people who like your work is usually not a bad idea anyway, it builds a bit more of a personal connection and I've found (from observation, I don't stream myself) that people who watch streams and talk to artists are the most likely to be willing to commission you in the future.
>>
>>2531670
Why do people ask these silly questions?
>>
>>2531670
for building up a larger fanbase.
fans are fun, even if you don't want to make money with your art
>>
>>2531690
because they're silly people
>>
>>2531690
Because they need validation.
>>
>>2531670

Some people like watching how things are being created. On twitch streams of Bob Ross regularly get thousands of viewers. If you make streams and people watch it and like it, it's valuable in itself. I mean, overall, someone gave his time to appreciate you.
>>
>>2531670
I used to do it as it forced me to keep drawing rather than getting distracted by internet in general - you don't want your viewers staring at your drawing abandoned halfway through, right? Not that I had any viewers, but it did help me with straying away from work a bit. Then I changed my ISP to a cheaper one and now the connection isn't stable enough for streaming.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.