[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys hashtag your instagram posts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
How do you guys hashtag your instagram posts?
>>
>>2529370
I don't. Hashtag spam is cancer.
>>
>>2529372
Well, that's kind of why I'm asking. I hate hashtag spam too, but if I don't tag my pictures my following won't grow, you know?
>>
#art #artist #blessed #artistsoninstagram #nofilter #throwbackthursday #911wasaninsidejob #charcoal
>>
>>2529384
just look at what other ppl are doing (Jock4twenty )also there's a free book on amazon called
Dave Wells - The Key to Making Money on Instagram
>>
>>2529395
I check it out. Thanks.
>>
>>2529390
don't forget
#sketch
Even when it's a fully rendered final piece
>>
>>2529372
>>2529384

Hashtag spam is absolutely fine. If you're worried about hashtag spam, you need to understand two things:

1. No body gives a fuck about you or your work. They really don't. To think that you're too good for hashtag spam is to put yourself at a disadvantage for no reason at all.
2. Yes - you may cause a few people to unfollow you. However, you will always gain more followers than you will lose, thus creating a constant net gain of followers. Focus on what you gain, not what you lose.

You can have up to 30 hashtags, and you should use them all. I recommend typing up around 15-20 generic, all encompassing, generic hashtags that you can copy/paste for every post, and then customize the remaining tags. Some good ways to customize like so are to tag the prominent colors of the work, or the subject matter.

You can hide your block of hashtags from peoples feed by formatting it with periods, like:
(block of hashtags)

Hashtags are not an amazing way to bring in new fans, but it can still effective - especially if you're just starting your account.

Good luck!
>>
>>2529370
I don't use Instagram because I'm not a giant faggot.
>>
>>2529724
Different people use different platforms for art and if popularity ideally is a part of your career then you have to be everywhere. The only person losing something from it would be you.
>>
>>2529724
No, it's because you have no friends.
>>
>>2529370
#Iwanttokillmyself.
>>
>>2529370
Why don't you just look at how other people hashtag their work.

Like, really?
>>
>>2530558
Because the big timers don't use any and a lot of the people on the come-up over do it.
>>
>>2530696
there is no overdoing if youre tryna make it senpai.

i hate the aesthetic of a million hashtags but block em out like >>2529429 says. seriously, it helps.
>>
>>2529724
nice meme
>>
>>2530696
So why not find artists who are using tags instead of looking at the ones that don't have to?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.