[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the size of a tablet matter? If so to what end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 739x654) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 739x654
Does the size of a tablet matter? If so to what end?
>>
The bigger the surface the more space you have to work with.
>>
>>2528480
what is she seeing
>>
>>2528480
>its not the size that matters, it's how you use it.
>>
>>2528490
but a bigger tablet helps you stop using your wrist though! Hence preventing injuries.
>>
In my experience, getting one around the size of an average piece of paper will be far more comfortable than getting one that's fancier but smaller.

If you have the money and are really serious about digital art, a wacom bamboo is a great start. There are cheaper chinese knock-offs, but wacom is reliable and the best in the business for a reason.

If, for some reason, you are Richie Richfucker and can afford whatever Cintiq you want, the larger the Cintiq the better, because it doubles as a screen and the smaller ones mean your painting program will have little tiny icons.
>>
File: buyingnewtabletmeme.png (628 KB, 758x709) Image search: [Google]
buyingnewtabletmeme.png
628 KB, 758x709
>>2528480
>>
>>2528480
>large
for illustrative work, painting
>medium
photo retouch, texture painting
>small
for fun
>>
>>2528480
It depends on your monitor size. Small for small screens etc. Medium is best for the typical screens.
>>
>>2528505
according to real pros, large is better for drawing, medium is better for painting.
>>
>>2528480

Speaking from 15 years of experience, you don't really need anything bigger than a medium sized one. In all the years I used the large ones, I never used more than a small portion of the space. Last year I bought a medium sized one and it is so much better.
>>
I also have a small one for emergencies, and I really don't like that one. Because of it's small size, the active area does not represent the screen and it requires constant repositioning of the pen to reach the corners of the screen. Very annoying.
>>
I went from having probably the tiniest one on the market for years, to a relatively large one. The main difference I've noticed is that my hand just moves a lot more, which does feel a little more organic. I think it's helped the cyst on my wrist to heal better, as I was doing a lot of drawing on a cramped tablet. It's down to personal preference really. Don't get one that's too big to keep on your desk permanently, that's my only advice.
>>
>>2528608
I'm pretty sure this just means it's not set up properly. If it doesn't reach every corner in one swipe then it's active area isn't as big as your screen resolution.
>>
What does the Huion Giano W1409 qualify as?
Medium?

just ordered it a few days ago, can't wait for it to arrive
>>
>>2528629
It's pretty Large desu ne
>>
>>2528490
that's BS and you know it anon
>>
>>2528629
>Huion Giano W1409
Isn't it the largest non-monitor tablet in the world? Definitely bigger than the average medium tablet.
Also please post a review when you get it, if you can!
>>
>>2529128
I own it and it is the current largest traditional style tablet, yes. Its active area is about 1 square inch larger than the Wacom Intuos Large and its overall footprint is about 1 square inch smaller. There's no doubt in my mind that it's the best tablet for the money at present, but a Cintiq or other monitor tablet will always be technically superior.
>>
Does anyone know if the Huion 1060 PLUS or Huion DWH69 is any good? I'm thinking about buying one. Looking for something cheap and these seem to be the best ones in the price range.
>>
>>2528503
ayy lmao, yinova
>>
>>2528480
I don't even have a tablet but have done a number of digital drawing on a Nintendo 3DS screen.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.