[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
finally it is stretched on new bars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10
File: P1000618c.jpg (1 MB, 1620x2160) Image search: [Google]
P1000618c.jpg
1 MB, 1620x2160
finally it is stretched on new bars
>>
>changing the symbolism

I've been tearing away at it with a blunt edged palette knife and removing any sickly colours. This is enjoyable as I dig back to fresh bright colours which are probably from when I was happier painting

I also removed a layer from the moon. That was quite a big deal moment and was worth it
>>
this again? Don't you think it's time to leave this for what it is and start something new?

I stand by my statement that it reminds me of the chewing gum-encrusted underside of the tables in high school.

You are wasting both your time and your paint on this. I'm sorry to be so blunt.
>>
It does need a lot of work and money spent on it still

It is running out of time to be finished, our lives are finite,

I'm not looking forward to coming to sell it as the markets are fighting to suppress me, which is one of the most counter productive things I've come across

trying to explain "by trying to stop things in case it isn't yours will leave us with less" isn't easy

as well as "keep taking things off of me in that way will kill me and is seriously hampering my ability"

because ... I suppose that is the intention.

It makes me wonder about other artists , I suppose a lot of them had to weather this sort of thing out. It's certainly not the fun part.
>>
>>2527999
...what?

Anon, are you okay?
Did you forget to take some pills this morning?

It's written exactly like a looneys ramblings of something that's half coherence.

But speaking of the artwork, it has some nice impasto textures in certain places, so good job on that I suppose.

Remember to keep seeing your psychiatrist though.
>>
File: 1403371734449.png (217 KB, 390x435) Image search: [Google]
1403371734449.png
217 KB, 390x435
>>2527294
What a waste of paint holy shit.
>>
File: o-WILL-SELF-facebook.jpg (155 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-WILL-SELF-facebook.jpg
155 KB, 2000x1000
>garden bridge Chris
>>
File: 1398.jpg (43 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
1398.jpg
43 KB, 620x372
>nepotism Christopher
>>
File: sdfgsdgbsdf.jpg (219 KB, 1045x784) Image search: [Google]
sdfgsdgbsdf.jpg
219 KB, 1045x784
/bleep
>>
>>2527305
I disagree, I enjoy the thick layers, it plays tricks on the mind. I'd say its about done, maybe one one layer to adjust boundaries but I really dig it.
>>
File: DSC01524.jpg (980 KB, 4618x3464) Image search: [Google]
DSC01524.jpg
980 KB, 4618x3464
>>2527294
Hey, I fucking love impasto, but you need to take care. Your texture has no rhythm, It just looks like white noise. Try structuring a work in only one colour to work on this sense of tooling. You are treading the line between sculpture and painting, be careful.

Let's talk about optical mixing. Go dig out some pointillist works and study them. Why are they vivid, why are they not a mess? All of your colours individually are vibrant, but at distance or unfocused those tree-forms turn sickly. Look up Albers & Itten for guides on how to into colour.

Lastly a full-chroma palette is the mark of a novice. Don't use only tube colour, but where it's needed to pull your eye. A BRIGHT AS FUCK YEAH CHROMA painting lacks some contrast. See Itten for how to do this with pure hue.

Your work sucks but it has promise. My advice? Find a nice spot with tons of motion (or bolt your ass to the back of a pickup you faggot) and paint dot for dot what you see. Let it change and accept that painting takes time.
>>
>>2528964
fuck off
>>
File: DSCN8467small.jpg (296 KB, 640x874) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8467small.jpg
296 KB, 640x874
>>2528712
It's a long way from done. I'm going to take more paint away with a pallete knife so it can be rebuilt. Specifically the swirls on either side of the bright red moon. And then down at the bottom where I'm scrapping away at the figures of Pan and Syrinx I'd made. I'm changing the composition, having the pair facing each other never really worked, my next idea is to have them more inside the landscape.

Here's a painting I made in the mean time.
>>
>>2528964
dude... all of us who know dick about art completely agree. OP is either a troll or a very special, sensitive person who keeps making the same thread about the same never-ending painting. There are a handful of people like this who visit /ic/. I have a desire to help other artists, too, but sometimes constructive critiques are better spent on enthusiastic beginners.
>>
File: P1000431b.jpg (226 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
P1000431b.jpg
226 KB, 752x564
>>2529191
>ho know dick about art completely ag
I should care more about it then

who's making it? me
>>
>>2529196
Hey, you seem like a nice person so I'm not gonna douche out at you. Just keep doing your thing. I wish you luck with whatever you're after.
>>
File: 1219.jpg (11 KB, 300x214) Image search: [Google]
1219.jpg
11 KB, 300x214
Where's the money George?
>>
>>2529196
Your pants are unbuttoned
>>
>>2529246
yeah I go to the toilet a lot
>>
>>2529169
You're right, what would I know. It's not like I'm exhibited by three different galleries at a national level.

Keep doing you, I'm sure I'll find it at a garage sale some day.

Why does >>2529185 work better? Look harder you fag.
>>
>>2529382
so what? I'm betterrererer than you

In your dreams you'd make something this good

skate off a multi man
>>
File: 632061-bruce-springsteen.jpg (35 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
632061-bruce-springsteen.jpg
35 KB, 650x366
>>2529196
>not taping your work down
>>
>>2527294
Gorgeous. I love the texture.
>>
>>2530559
thank you
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.