[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Graffiti/Spraypaint thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (558 KB, 1000x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
558 KB, 1000x479
Been watching a couple of videos on Spraypaint art on YouTube. Thank goodness it's more than just graffiti, but graff is great too. Please post all kind of spraypaint art in this thread.

I accumulated about 200 cans and some old vinyl posters to fool around with that my local mall gave away to me.

Just find shit like https://youtube.com/watch?v=i-mCbUnKBzc very inspiring.

Post art, yours or some you like. Discuss styles and techniques. Anything that revolves around this thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (532 KB, 1347x866) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
532 KB, 1347x866
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejfq8iKwutU
>>
>>2526651
What does that actually say though, am I the only one who can't read tags
>>
>>2527401
Committing to a life of degeneracy is the only way to read tags legibly. There's still good in you.
>>
>>2527401

It's sort of like a Rorschach test I guess, but I'm reading it as "lolifucker". I could be wrong though.
>>
>>2526651

Fuck off. Graffiti isn't about the art you faggot. The only thing graffiti is about is getting up. Writers are criminals. We steal, we vandalize government property, nobody likes us. If you're interested in graffiti because of the swirly letters then kill yourself. If you are actually interested in being a piece of shit criminal who spends his nights skateboarding around the city spray painting pretty pictures then kill yourself. There's too many writers and you'll never get up. If you really do want to try then go watch Style Wars.
>>
>>2526651
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-En_gA0eLI

>2016
>not using 3d software for graffiti
>>
>>2527429
I actually watched a different documentary that was made back in the 80's got a different impression than your response.
>>
>>2527429
what do you mean by get up anon?
>>
>>2527429
>there are retards like this posting on /ic/
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 253x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 253x320
>>2527629
What kind of advice is expected from this board from a hole in a wall website?
>>
>>2527622
not him, but "getting up" means to have your name 'up' on walls, all over a city, or county. To be 'famous' in graffiti terms, you have to get 'up' onto walls, everywhere. Street fame khiddddd
>>
Are there any good books to get good at graffiti? I've been told it jst takes time to develop your own style ad all you need to do is practice
>>
>>2529389
Can't speak for graffiti, but for spraypainting it is getting down certain techniques, and after that just get creative. I think I've used the most random shit to create interesting effects. I couldn't do interesting graffiti for the life of me though.

Just look up some tutorials on youtube, and go from there on.
>>
>>2529434
Got any suggestions for masking off small area's? I actually layer a whole canvas with masking tape and cut out a stencil to paint an it is long and tedious.

I am working on a 43" c 50" vinyl poster since January and it is still not completed.
>>
>>2527622
Getting up is the term writers use to say putting up a tag or putting up a lot of tags.
>>
>>2527622
its when youre sitting or lying down then switch to standing. this process is called "getting up"
>>
>>2530213
Get on up!
>>
>>2527401
It's art, not graphic design you weeb.
>>
>>2527429

Have you heard of seen?

Well guess what, he refers to himself as a "graffiti artist" and is considered one of the pioneers of the movement.

Your attitude is some new age suburban shit that came out of the 2000s.
>>
>>2529389

Just watch the ironlak videos over and over again and watch how they hold their cans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa_O_DTkyrE
>>
>>2527401
its a really hard to read piece.
My educated guess would be something along the lines of Bohae even though im not really sure about all the stuff in the middle.
>>
I think it says BahkEe
>>
A friend told me confidence is key in doing nice tags, is this true?
>>
Graffiti artists have zero skill... Unlike manga artists and Animators who are literal geniuses.
>>
>>2535791
Graffiti is basically urban Graphic Design.
>>
I like graffiti I just wish it was more readable
>>
File: Delta-B56ED.jpg (347 KB, 1890x938) Image search: [Google]
Delta-B56ED.jpg
347 KB, 1890x938
>>2535791
>>
>>2540796
I miss Linking Park. Did they have the same artist that did the Collision course album with Fort Minor album covers?
>>
What are some tips for a beginner?
>>
File: broken-fingaz-london.jpg (112 KB, 668x363) Image search: [Google]
broken-fingaz-london.jpg
112 KB, 668x363
>>
>>2527429
Wtf is the point of just "getting up"? Do you think anyone gives a shit how many times you can write your name on the wall like a five year old?
>>
File: Delta-2008e.jpg (129 KB, 798x1200) Image search: [Google]
Delta-2008e.jpg
129 KB, 798x1200
>>2540822
probably he work a few times for lp. mike shinoda also made some graffiti art too for one of their first albums.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.