[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zbrush
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 415989256_640.jpg (30 KB, 640x486) Image search: [Google]
415989256_640.jpg
30 KB, 640x486
I want to learn zbrush, what am I in for?

Any anons have experience with the program?

Any advice/resources to share?

Found /ic/ to be a good resource learning illustration, but very little info about programs besides PS, and AI. What do?
>>
>>2525953
for some reason, traditional media sculpting goes here, and digital one goes in >>>/3/

also, keep in mind that becoming a decent sculptor is a lifetime effort, so you'll have to decide if you want to abandon the painting path, if you're already into that, or just want to become mediocre at one more thing.
>>
>>2525953
look on youtube for zbrush summit playlist. also /3/ usually have threads about zb.
>>
>>2525953

eat3d have some nice tutorials. I'd recommend Mike Jensen's hard surface techniques 1&2 to get you started and if you want to go more in depth for a full game character production pipeline "Character production" by Mike Pavlovich is good but it's not just focused on zbrush it includes Maya and other software that are needed to make a game asset.

Having good fundamental art skills will make your life a hell of a lot easier so make sure you understand your anatomy and proportions and do a lot of research into the thing you are sculpting you can never have enough references.
Also, I know it might seem like obvious advice but for your high poly mesh try to make things as they are constructed IRL for example if you are modelling a gun, then make sure your grips are actual separate pieces of geometry and the trigger and the slide etc. create them all as seperate subtools.
>>
File: 1456349101443.jpg (86 KB, 760x1093) Image search: [Google]
1456349101443.jpg
86 KB, 760x1093
>>2526050
why? why is sculpture so hard?
>>
>>2526501
imo painting is more accessible, but mastering sculpture is easier: you see lots of people at polycount which are goat sculptors, but really shit at painting; when you find some pro painter who also sculpts, it doesn't look THAT bad.

every painter/illustrator should at lest know the basics of sculpting. zbrush is actually easy and fun to use (shame is so expensive)
>>
Get a hand mirror and have your mom take a front and side pic of you then do a self portrait. I found it to be a pretty stress free and fun way to learn the interface. Also the Edge3d beginner tutorial on YouTube by some Scandinavian guy helped a ton
>>
>>2526681
>zbrush is actually easy and fun to use (shame is so expensive)

Yeah, if only something like torrents existed.
>>
>>2525953
Wrong board mayng, go to the 3DCG one
>>
If you can learn to paint, you can learn to sculpt, it's not restrictively complicated. Though it will take years to get good just as with anything else. It's an easy to learn but difficult to master type of skill.
>>
File: 1456349245981.jpg (102 KB, 1036x521) Image search: [Google]
1456349245981.jpg
102 KB, 1036x521
>>2526681
So sculpture isn't hard, just the resources are more obscure? I can live with that, I been dying to learn sculpture
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.