[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watercolor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: thread image wxc.jpg (65 KB, 736x537) Image search: [Google]
thread image wxc.jpg
65 KB, 736x537
I don't have a class in my area, can you guys give mes some materials, books, youtube, etc. on learning the techniques of watercolor?

Also, post anything watercolor related if you like.
>>
im trying to learn watercolor too
the biggest mistake i did was to buy cheap paper
>>
>>2525812
I think when just starting out cheap materials are alright to learn the techniques and get a feel for how the paint works. It absolutely has to be watercolour paper though.

Better (and more expensive) paint makes a huge difference though, if anything just for how dark the pure paints are. If you use cheaper paint you'll have to add black or dark brown which tends to make the darker colours a lot less vibrant.

>>2525621
You can look up the basic techniques on youtube easily. What's more important when working with watercolours than "having the right technique" is to know when to work how. For that I suggest looking up videos of people actually painting. You need to develop a feeling for when to let your paper dry and when to work wet-on-wet and how to control the flow of the paint and water.

And please, for the love of god, never start with dark colours and use very very light pencil sketches. The paint barely masks anything.
>>
OP do you have painting experience? If not I'd suggest you start out with gouache, which are opaque watercolours. Regular watercolours are very unforgiving and pretty much the hardest medium to make something aesthetically pleasing with, which is why I suggest you develop a feeling for painting first with a more forgiving but similar medium.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.