[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looks like shet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 20160516_161410~2.jpg (2 MB, 2122x3209) Image search: [Google]
20160516_161410~2.jpg
2 MB, 2122x3209
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong exactly but it doesn't look that great.
Critique also what do I do for the bg I'm clueless. I took a crappy photo and added some filters so you guys can see it better.

I have to do this traditionally. Help pls
>>
>>2522579

couldn't lurk for more than 5 minutes huh
>>
>>2525362
You lack any sort of understanding of the basics. Your diving into the center of the ocean and expecting to touch the bottom. Either learn to be happy with the level you are, are dive in and keep swimming down with us, starting with doing some studies from the sticky.
>>
>>2525362
I can see you've got potential. The design is there, but you can get it out of your head correctly. As the previous anon said, what you need are the fundamentals. That is perspective, composition, etc. With fundamentals, you can do anything. Hit up the sticky and get working hard and do your designs too since those are important in keeping morale up as you see improvement in your image.

As for the bg, that's where the fundamentals come in too. It's more than that, but that's a start. You should really pick a theme and create a project from that and that will generally decide your background. Such as Rome, the Greeks or something.
>>
>>2525366
Yeah I guess I better go back. I notice that I'm not improving for 2 yrs now so you are right.
This is because I'm so used to the normies telling me how great it is but inside I still think something is wrong.
I'm also used to removing bad anatomy by BSing with shadows or really good color schemas so none of the normies noice. Thanks I will go to beginner
>>
>>2525384
wow thanks I never knew I had the spark!!!!
>>
>>2525396
The Spark is what gives an Artist his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the art together.
>>
Btw it would help if you guys told me what specifically I need help on

I forgot to add in OP that it's a sketch and I haven't bothered to shade it in, add line weight or lighting and metal reflectiveness if that's what you call the "basics". This will come with coloring

I still need to stay in beginners tho, not denying that.
>>
>>2525409
No offense, everything. Just keep going, you will get there.
>>
>>2525390
best of luck friend
>>
>>2525409
For starters, anatomy is off, perspective is wrong, line quality is poor, and the pose doesn't read well, along with general symmetry issues. Of course nobody is critiquing your work based off of value (shading) or texture (metal reflectiveness) since there really aren't any. It's a line sketch.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.