[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this only me, or something really wrong with this piece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11
File: mk33.jpg (744 KB, 1920x884) Image search: [Google]
mk33.jpg
744 KB, 1920x884
Is this only me, or something really wrong with this piece?
>>
>>2524198
Well, yeah. It's boring and stiff as fuck, that's what's wrong.
>>
Its shit
>>
Is Anubis flexing or punching?
>>
>>2524234
Yes.
>>
I think the photo bashing makes the background look more detailed than the focus of the image
>>
>>2524198
volumes on left guy read terribly. his left arm pose is completely fucked, and forgot to draw the right hand, which should be almost the focus of the scene.

in the other hand, the thing as a whole looks very nice. i wish i could reach a rendering as cool as that.
>>
All that energy in the poses...

squandered by that dead-center placement.
>>
File: when photobashers paintt.jpg (83 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
when photobashers paintt.jpg
83 KB, 640x640
>>2524198

Maciej is such absolute garbage and disgustingly tasteless. Never ceases to amaze me I swear. Everything about this makes me want to throw up.

Maybe he should have tried learning how to paint?
>>
The excessive photobashing makes it look off.
>>
>>2524344

>you are posting shit on 4chan while he is working on every AAA movie this year and past years

oh man, you sure told him!
>>
>>2524198
wow, look a the proportions of horus-- the baby arms, legs and the long torso. the left arm of anubis seems to just be sprouting from his back
>>
who
>>
>>2524198
It looks like a jumbled fucking mess and there are obvious photos slapped in everywhere.
>>
>>2524198
lol baby claw arm
>>
>>2524198
It's full of problems, but it gets the idea across which is all concept art is supposed to do. And Maciej can shit out these photobashed images in a day or two rather than manually painting it and spending a week or more on it.
>>
he's going to break his fist when he punches bird guy. and his other fist should be broken already
>>
I wonder if the quality of the movie matched up to the quality of the pre-production art. :^)
>>
>>2524526
>it's good enough guys stop pointing out the blatant errors
>he does it in a day or two while you're spending lots of time trying to "learn" shit
>post your art faggot
>>
>>2524588
Either you're being deliberately obtuse, or you're actually this stupid. Concept art is pursuit of speed and idea, not perfection and skill. It's production, not illustration.
>>
>>2524198
>learning basic composition
>sees favourite artist's work here
>anons complaining that composition is boring
So how does someone learn better at making interesting composition?
>>
>>2524526
I've seen paleo artists shit out works in seconds and they look high quality.
>>
File: maciej-kuciara-1.jpg (416 KB, 1600x778) Image search: [Google]
maciej-kuciara-1.jpg
416 KB, 1600x778
>>
File: Aq1trjJ-JuE.jpg (74 KB, 529x604) Image search: [Google]
Aq1trjJ-JuE.jpg
74 KB, 529x604
>>2524652
>>
>>2524526
What makes you assume it's concept art and not a finished illustration?
>>
>>2524673
Because it's art he did for a film called Gods of Egypt.
>>
File: tumblr_o71ndiemiZ1v5dh6ho1_1280.jpg (214 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o71ndiemiZ1v5dh6ho1_1280.jpg
214 KB, 1000x1000
>>2524200
Produce something relatively close to this and ill take you more seriously. Now youre just another 12 year old.

PS: that is your "art" unless youve forgotten
>>
>>2524653
lol
>>
Imagine being so bad that even photobashing your images still look abysmal

You don't need to know proportions or anatomy, you don't need to know color theory or temperature, you don't need to know about edges or values

You just slap pics on top of each other

And it looks awful
>>
>>2524955
post your art
>>
File: madame_WIP.jpg (1 MB, 1895x3680) Image search: [Google]
madame_WIP.jpg
1 MB, 1895x3680
>>2524962
>>
>>2524198

Oh god, I can't wait for the chromatic abberration meme to stop.
>>
>>2524969
ayy
>>
>>2524198
Holy fuck I actually cant tell which way the left guy is facing. Torso is totally ambigious, left arm looks like its front, right arm looks like its 100% back. Head is I guess back (?) though looks like he broke his neck since human head cant turn like that.

After further investigation I guess its the back we're looking at because of the legs but why is his torso skewed so weirdly, it looks like its completely flat...

Jesus christ.
>>
>>2524653
Top fucking kek

Doesnt look much wronger than the original image desu
>>
>>2525028
>wronger
>>
File: steamo.png (357 KB, 397x402) Image search: [Google]
steamo.png
357 KB, 397x402
>>2524198

DEY WHITE
>>
>>2525024
The hed looks okay to me. And it's obvious he's facing back due to the right arm being shown from behind and the back of his headgear thingy falling down on the visible side.
His left arm is all kinds of wack though, looks like a pose a bodybuilder would make except half the things that should be visible ain't there. The whole pose is kinda stiff considering he's supposed to be in the middle of decking anthro-Winged Dragon of Ra in the face.
Rendering is better than mine though so what do I know
>>
>>2525024

This is the main problem right here. His skirt and torso appear to be facing the camera dead on. but his legs appear to be lunging towards his opponent it's fucked pretty badly.
>>
Guys it's part of the story, they fought as children and both ended up with a crippled arm that stopped growing. Seriously educate yourselves before shitting on smth baka
>>
I love how he deliberately avoided drawing the transition from claw to human forearm on horus' baby-arm by putting a rock in front of it.
>>
>>2525122

Actually looking at it again I think he has genuinely put the torso and the legs on back to front, cover up the torso and the legs look fine. you have the back facing the viewer and the tail design makes sense if it's on the back of the skirt not the front. It's fucking with my head but that's definitely what's going on in this picture.
>>
>>2525130
All that Anubis' pose needs is redrawing the left arm on something else than a 2D plane, putting the back leg closer in, and turning the lower torso to the right by like 60 degrees. His pose would still be stiff and all his weight on his back leg, but I guess that's okay considering Horus just broke through the ceiling and he probably didn't expect that shit.

Meanwhile, Horus' left arm is beyond fucked, his right seems fairly alright, and his right leg is both too short and going both backwards and forwards at the same time.
>>
>>2525131

My bad.. that is his back facing the viewer. It really looks like a breast plate. It's still uncanny looking though, very flat pose.
>>
>>2525131
And I just noticed there's a white gap where Bird-Man's biceps should end on his right arm. Did he just forget to draw that? The fuck?
>>
>>2525132
I mean I can perfectly understand someone's confusion looking at this. Thumbnail looks fine, and then you open it and it's like they paid some Indian to render over the sketch of a 10-year old.
>>
>>2525101
/thread
>>
>>2524960
Post your art
>>
File: Nefertiti bust 2.jpg (177 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Nefertiti bust 2.jpg
177 KB, 1200x1600
>>2525101
>>
File: Gesture02.jpg (461 KB, 1275x1650) Image search: [Google]
Gesture02.jpg
461 KB, 1275x1650
>>2524960
I'll bite.
I've been drawing for just over a year and a half now, been working on gesture a lot. While my rendering ability isn't nearly as good, my gesture is already better than this, and personally, I feel that, concerning people, no matter how flat an image is, with good gesture and rhythm, it will trump rendering any day.
>>
>>2527123
>better than this,
By this, I mean OP's image
>>
>>2527123
>>2527127
Wow Dunning-Kruger in full force. Do you honestly feel you are better at gesture than Maciej? It's certainly one of his weaknesses, but you are very much a beginner and he's in an entirely different tier.
>>
>>2527138
>Wow Dunning-Kruger in full force. Do you honestly feel you are better at gesture than Maciej?
Well, from this? Yeah, I do. If you could link me to more of his work, my opinion might change, but due to the horrific gesture displayed here I'll have to say that I do.
>>
>all those naive, stupid fuckers ITT
>thinking this has to have any artistic merit
>not even considering nobody will look on it for more than 5 minutes
>not considering it's just so bottom-tier director will say "that's cool, giant dude god punching other, we do it because we have to fill in 20 minutes more of a film"
>not knowing that polish guy will get x4 less than typical salary in $ or €
>not knowing they have to put something in art book so kids will buy it

Damn, you guys are either too idealistic or totally out of grim reality of having a job.
>>
>>2527123
>>2527141
Lol
Not to be rude here, but you really are an absolute beginner. You have no been working on gesture a lot, don't lie to yourself.
>>
>>2527157
>Not to be rude here
>Lol
Okay, great start
>But you really are an absolute beginner
Yes, which is why my rendering is horrid
>You have no been working on gesture a lot
Good job telling me what I've been doing for the past four months
>don't lie to yourself.
See beginning.

Look, the rest is far better than what I can do. Anatomy? Head and shoulders above mine. Rendering? One hundred tiers better. Perspective? Do I need to even ask? Composition? It's okay, better than mine.

After this, unless somebody actually points out how his gesture is better instead of just repeating it, I won't reply.
>>
>>2527160
It's not even worth pointing out. You've clearly just begun drawing and you're claiming that your 'gesture skills' are better than a pros. You're insane dude.
>>
File: 1421267538922.jpg (18 KB, 433x308) Image search: [Google]
1421267538922.jpg
18 KB, 433x308
>>2527160
holy shit. you're not gonna make it lmao.
>>
>>2527160
I would pay so much money to see you get critiqued during an interview with a professional studio. I would pay anything to see you give an art director or owner an attitude like that. You need to learn what hard work is, kid.
>>
Wow why are namefags always the worst? Like I don't care if people prefer to use their nicknames here, but everyone who does, turns out to be an absolute trash person who can't take any sort of criticism.

>>2527171
This. But those people aren't gonna get a job or a job interview unless they improve their attitude.
>>
>>2527123
Dude, you're terrible, if you did those after let's say 50 hours of dedicated studying you did something wrong during that time.
>>
>>2527160

Icarus, your stuff is shit. You are flipping out over people criticizing your work like a child. Stop picking apart what people say and respond with intellect. I have been watching your stuff for a month now, you are making little to no progress.

The reason OPs image looks like shit is because Maciej photobashes (because he's a concept artist). He's not spending 10 hours rendering out finished product, he's just giving them ideas.

You really need to cut the shit and get off of your video games or just drop art. You aren't getting anything out of lying to yourself and you're only going to hurt yourself in the long run when you're the manager at your favorite fast food joint. Maciej is gonna come in for a quick meal one day and that will be the day you kill yourself because you never made it.

Cut the shit and drop the distractions or kill yourself.
>>
>>2530357
>>2527123

I like how the /fit/izen is agreeing with us. Even non-artists are telling you you're shit, Icarus. Take a hint.
>>
File: anime in 2700bce.jpg (47 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
anime in 2700bce.jpg
47 KB, 500x708
>>2527160
Icarus, you are flying too close to the sun
>>
>>2524352

you sound like rat.
>>
>>2530382

I am the better version of Rat.
>>
>>2524616

but tehmeh says he spends 16 hours a day painting and he does concept art. why does it take him so long to do concept art but maciej only a day for one project?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.