[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proportions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: proportion.jpg (76 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
proportion.jpg
76 KB, 1280x853
Can someone help me finding where the proportions are wrong? i'm reading the "Keys to Drawing" book and i'm really strugling to understand what did i do wrong (if i did something wrong which obviosly i did since i'm a beginner).
>>
File: proportion 2.jpg (64 KB, 736x805) Image search: [Google]
proportion 2.jpg
64 KB, 736x805
Reference
>>
here you are

>>2519992
>>
>>2523377
Use your drawing instrument to measure her head. Then use 1 head as a unit to comparatively measure each other body part.
>>
>>2523377

desu, senpai, keys to drawing isn't about making perfect drawings it's about understanding how to draw what you see not what you think you see. Good job it looks like you are doing a pretty good job with that.

But figure drawing in this way is always going to look lifeless. You need to understand the human body and construct not just human photcopy (which is harder working from 2d image so have your gf do this pose)
>>
>>2523974

i have no friends/gf so, i just have photo references, i need a job so i can go to a park or something draw people.

Thank you!
>>
File: my-art.jpg (179 KB, 900x1234) Image search: [Google]
my-art.jpg
179 KB, 900x1234
I'm also trying to use tips from Keys to Drawings, and I'm also struggling with proportions.

Assuming that I simply need more practice, how should I go about it?
Should I:
a) redraw the same still life over and over again until I get it right and then move to another one
or b) draw a still life, analyze mistakes that I've made and then move to another one (without fixing mistakes in the old drawing)?

>>2523974
>keys to drawing isn't about making perfect drawings
Can you recommend me a book that IS about making perfect drawings?
I want to learn how to draw still lifes from life, so I can't just trace or use grids.
>>
>>2524005
:(
>>
Honestly, just draw a lot. Proportions will come naturally. You can always measure if you are in trouble, but I dont think measuring everything is helping anything other than learning how to measure.
>>
>>2525518

bargue course
>>
>>2525518
grids are a great help

learning to draw still lifes is all about measuring correctly. use verticals and horizontals, compare stuff to the smallest correct stuff you have, etc.
>>
>>2525518

Stick to one drawing until you get it right. Don't polish turds tho.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.