[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Charicature - need critiques / feedback
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 750x734) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 750x734
I drew this charicature and need to know if it looks ok. I've been looking at it for too long and can't tell if it looks weird.. I don't want to go on adding details if there is something majorly fucked up. I appreciate any feedback you all can give me.
>>
>>2522445
From what I understand, caricature is accentuating noticeable features, not just adding random things. Like, the subject has a very flat nose, so I'd actually make the nose flatter, and he has fairly small eyes, so make them smaller. besides that, you have a tendency towards chicken scratching, and you're not really drawing what you see.
>>
File: 1.jpg (31 KB, 600x827) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
31 KB, 600x827
It looks weird in the sense that it doesn't look like a caricature; it looks more like an attempted initial sketch one might do beforehand to get a likeness down.
There's not enough exaggeration to call this a true caricature, but it's a fair enough start to one. Remember to push the features that make the person their own person.
>>
>>2522451

I think caricature may have been the wrong term - I just wanted to draw the subject in this particular style (big eyes / head). But I dont want to stray too far and have it looking like someone else completely. I will try it your way since it will probably make more sense,
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1463263272060.jpg (548 KB, 1103x1080) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1463263272060.jpg
548 KB, 1103x1080
>>2522461
I hope this makes sense, double sided arrows mean increase the space, and one sided means move in that direction. Likeness has to do a lot with the shape and size of the features but it also has a lot to do with the distance of them in relation to each other
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.