[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Dan Luvisi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 1463126937071.jpg (1 MB, 1700x1084) Image search: [Google]
1463126937071.jpg
1 MB, 1700x1084
What do you guys think of Dan Luvisi?
>>
>>2520720
Looks like something Mr. Conceptart would come up with.
>>
>>2520720
His gallery screams memes.
>>
who?
>>
File: lms___hex___by_adonihs-d2yi62d.jpg (454 KB, 900x1393) Image search: [Google]
lms___hex___by_adonihs-d2yi62d.jpg
454 KB, 900x1393
>>2520795
If you dont know who he is you probably are a beginner, therefore your opinion doesnt count. And even tho you are a beginner you mustve seen his work before. He's a successful artist and I suggest everyone to listen to what he has to say. Hes paved a road for himself in hollywood.
>>
>>2520883
>:^)
>>
Its like deadpool being made up by mr concept art, so it's funny
>>
>>2520883
>If you don't know who my favo artists is than I'm a better artists than you are!
>>
>>2520897
Well he's right though isn't he. If you dont know the industry's top you probably arent any good in that field.
>>
>>2520909
>industry's top
>Dan Luvisi

pick one
>>
>>2520910
>Making a movie of his shit
>Call of Duty stealing his art
>not the top
>laughingladies.jpg

Keep being delusional and suffocate in your hatred. You will never be as good as he is or even remotely close.
>>
>>2520909
>>2520913

There are tons industries that hire artists and in those fields are tons of artists at the "top" you've never heard of who don't blast their shit on social media 24/7.

You're prime examples of pleb morons who follow one clique group of people or industry and think the everything revolves around your absolute favo art waifu. You guys are stuck in a facebook/twitter/tumblr echo chamber. Not knowing who an artists is has no bearing at all on you making it or not but thanks for trying to make yourself sound more important for knowing who's who. Meanwhile I'm sure your art sucks ass and you have no chance of convincing any worthwhile client to hire you....but didn't you tell them you know who Dan Luvisi is?

Artists aren't celebrities they're just people with a trained skill. Get out of your basement once and while.
>>
>>2520913
>You will never be as good as he is or even remotely close

Kek keep projecting buddy.
>>
>>2520913

Triple A titles steal art all the fucking time thats nothing new. Remember Naughty Dog straightup inserting Assassin's Creed concept art into one of their trailers?

As for his movie, when was the last update on how that was going? 2011?

If that's really the only criteria you have for being 'top' of the industry I sincerely doubt you're even a part of it. Like >>2520938
said, just stick around to the end credits for the next big film you watch, do you recognize any of the artists involved?
>>
>>2520720
pretty shit technically but he believes in himself and that's enough to succeed commercially. I don't like his art but I don't hate the guy, though he is a bit full of himself. Basically the shadman of concept art
>>
>>2520913
Can't tell if Luvisi or Martinez...
>>
>>2520720
not really a fan of his work outside of LMS, but i liked his interview with miles johnston

>>2520883
you're a fucking pleb, you don't need to know shit about anyone in the 'industry' to be a good artist, and knowing a bunch of names doesn't make your art any better either
>>
>>2521223
>...knowing a bunch of names doesn't make your art any better...
IC proves this every day.
>>
Luvisi' work is the pop art of 2010s concept illustration.

It doesn't "speak" to me but at the same time most of his pieces are so over the top I can't help but enjoy it.
>>
>>2520913
>>2520909
has summer hit so hard that we perceive popularity as quality?
>>
>>2521403
I enjoy it too on the level of being 'bubblegum cyberpunk', and his legion of imitators have largely proven you do need at least some skill and taste to pull off the look he has going.

That said his work seems to have jarring shifts in quality. Around the time LMS was going back into print with Dark Horse he seemed to be producing great-looking stuff all the time. Kind of sad he scrapped the comic, but at the same time I can see and understand why - he was obviously in way over his head having never made comics before in terms of creating a sequential narrative, panel flow, etc. The early Redemption stuff looked way better than what he eventually released to the world, Popped Culture is all over the fucking place.

It's like suddenly being 'on the map' so to speak, and being pulled in twenty different directions at once (starting a studio, film pitches, meeting titans of the industry skill-wise all the time, pre-production on the LMS movie, trying to learn how to be a good story writer, the Rapoza schism, and so on) made him start second-guessing himself. A lot of his art doesn't have that mad confidence about it any more, and suffers as a result.
>>
Dan probably made this thread. He's known for visiting /ic/ and posting some NDA shit. Fuck off Dan your Tracer art is awful.
>>
>>2521492
stop projecting dude, XD
>>
>>2521403
And there's plenty of concept artists out there working in games, tv and movies that no one ever sees their work who have high levels of fundamentals and creative ability, to say someone like Luvisi is "the top" is just incredibly naive. There is a difference between social media popularity and having a high degree of skill / being at "the top". (You beat me to it: >>2521474)

>>2520909
You're moron.

Your ability to draw and paint what a client wants has nothing to do with you knowing the names and details of people in the industry you're working in. The freelancers you see posting shit online are a small group of people who have chosen to blast their work out there for the masses. You can thumb through any concept art book, book covers or RPG book and find dozens of guys and gals who you've never heard of who are happily working away actually making a living while you sit and compare how Luvisi texture technique is no match for Dave Rapozas lighting and rendering technique......who fucken cares.

It's just common sense, the art industry is not a fucking trading card game where you memorize the cards stats and collect the best cards to make a deck and argue with your friends whats better. Worry about your own skills and how you can improve and what your long term goals are for your career. Who gives a shit what Dan Luvisi ate for breakfast this morning or if his rendering is at a +10 compared to some other artists. How does his ability effect your life in anyway whatsoever?

>>2521499
Go away Dan.
>>
>>2521499
>mad to the point of ironic shitposting

kek
>>
>>2520883
implying that i have any interest in your meme concept art industry where you slave 9 to 5 for peanuts
>>
cool artist
met him, cool dude
touching history
>>
>>2520720
don't really give a shit but I find it funny that one time he was caught posting in /ic/.
>>
>>2520720
Boring pandery shit. But good rendering and he seems like an ok guy.
>>
I think his art is OK. But I know him personally, done some collaborations with him for DC, and the guy has the weirdest body odor! It's a running joke in this industry, no one can figure out if it's from his diet or sth, but the guy smells...bad and weird
>>
>>2521536
Implying he doesnt make a shit ton more money than you do loooooool, faggot.
>>
>>2520720
I really like his style but I don't care much for the most of the subject matter. especially that pic. I'm cool with having a little fun with characters sporting random nicknacks and shit but some of it is just obnoxious with this character. It's like he was reading dead pool and thought "I want my oc to be just like him" bleeeeeeeh
>>
File: 2012-12-05 17.54.34.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2012-12-05 17.54.34.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>2523398
Did he touch your "history" eh? eh?
>>
>>2524839
Who cares how much he makes?

Terrible movies come out all the time that make tons of dosh and people still criticize them as examples of how not to make a movie. Hows this any different?

Just because someone makes money doesn't mean you have to blindly suck their dick. You must be one gullible mother fucker IRL.
>>
Dan do you really get a nervous break down whenever somewhere someone on the internet thinks your art is shit? You check into this board way too often. I can see now why your old gf went with Dave. Cause he atleast has a life.
>>
>>2520720
who you think you are, fucks like "do you know who I am?' fucks fail to understand I'm like: eh.

honestly always found his art boring, though technically on point I guess.
>>
>>2520720
talk about over designing holy shit.

People that like this shit have no taste at all.
>>
>>2528402
Savage blow
>>
>>2528714
Agreed. Shit's tacky as fuck
>>
>>2528714
>>2529125
post your designs
>>
>>2528402
lmfao have mercy
>>
>>2529177
His designs don't have any bearing on Dan's work being generic and tacky. Stay shit anon.
>>
>>2520720
I have 0 opinion otherwise. I don't know his work. I just wasted time typing this. Fuck you.
>>
File: memes para parecer inteligente.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
memes para parecer inteligente.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>2520883
>trying to fit this hard
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.