[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like to throw paint at the wall even more so since becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2563x2323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2563x2323
I like to throw paint at the wall even more so since becoming a neet. Do I have a style? Should I give up.
>>
>>2520701
5/10

not trying hard enough yet past the point that people won't get it
>>
>>2520710
thanks, but trying hard cages the real expressionism< or the feeling of whats going on
>>
>>2520722
i feel like we're talking about two different things
>>
>>2520729
Maybe so I think I'd rather stay in the unrefined stage and just keep having fun with it
>>
Looks awesome, my man! It's a shame you're not connected with the cartels that use that art to launder money
>>
>>2520803
how does one link mediocre art to money laundering ?
>>
wow I love it. I also throw paint. can I see more?
>>
File: image.jpg (959 KB, 2016x2371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
959 KB, 2016x2371
anytime
>>
>>2520722
Im assuming this is a troll thread.

No, you don't have a style. No, you shouldn't give up. Especially if you're having fun. I would suggest looking up elements of design and studying them. At the end of the day what holds the eye holds the eye, and that depends on design. So you either have to be good at them, or master them so you know how to purposefully break them.

I suggest :
-Studying modern art, the history of modern art, and the psychology of art
- Elements of design
- Use new mediums. If you're doing art grats you get to use anything and everything. take advantage of that to learn
- whatever style of art you do, do lots of it and often. if youre doing abstractions you need to divide up a piece of paper and do dozens of short timed thumbnails.

Keep in mind a lot of successful modern art was only successful because it was something 'ground-breaking'. And unfortunately these days, just about everything has been done and the internet means everyone knows about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (390 KB, 1111x1336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
390 KB, 1111x1336
>>2521069
Thanks that helps a lot. I believe there's still a lot of unbroken ground. I'm redecorating atm but when moneys avalaible I'm going to hit it hard. Watch this space.

>some older finished canvas
>>
File: image.jpg (664 KB, 1870x1530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
664 KB, 1870x1530
>>
File: image.jpg (815 KB, 2190x1635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
815 KB, 2190x1635
>>
>>2520701
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9BxGnYlMI8
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.