[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hand Made Paper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: sheetformation_animation[1].gif (334 KB, 400x393) Image search: [Google]
sheetformation_animation[1].gif
334 KB, 400x393
Hi /ic/,

I was wondering if any of you have any experience with making your own paper?

I've been slowly teaching myself (with varying levels of success) by using my leftover scraps of paper at home, but I'm not yet at the point where I can pump out a great number of sheets in one run - I tried making some A4 sheets today and only managed to come away with 3.

My main issue is removing the paper from the deckle and setting it up to dry, as I always seem to tear a corner or leave creases in the paper. I assume I'll get better with experience but I was hoping that one of you might be able to give me some pro tips that might to speed up my learning, or even some useful online resources or books that I can use.
>>
>>2518910
Honest question: why do you make your own paper? Wouldn't any bought paper be much better quality? Especially if your handmade paper is just made from scraps of bought paper.
>>
>>2518913
I like the idea of recycling my leftovers - I'm a printmaker so I end up with a lot of scrap paper from test prints which would get otherwise wasted, I was hoping that by taking up papermaking as a hobby I'd be able to supplement my paper stocks.
I also wanted to see if I could get a nice debossed relief print from handmade papers.
>>
>>2518920
Neat. Sounds like a bit of an obscure thing to do though, so I don't know how many responses you will get.
>>
>>2518921
Yeah I can definitely see this being one of the less popular threads, I thought I'd give it a shot though, I don't know many more multi-disciplinary art communities than /ic/ but I've seen some really unusual art forms passing through here.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.