[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So tomorrow's my exam to enter art school, it consists of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_o1abfsOu8N1speyy9o1_540.jpg (71 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1abfsOu8N1speyy9o1_540.jpg
71 KB, 540x405
So tomorrow's my exam to enter art school, it consists of painting, sculpture, and drawing, plus the interview at the end
Im feeling kinda confident since i've been preparing myself for a year+, but still, any advice? (btw i've already taken the exam two previous times but i was like 4 places out)

>pic totally related
>>
>>2516141
Good luck anon. My exam was very different and the school was pretty pretentious so my advice might be shit, but profs like seeing a kind of red line go through your works. Maybe a topic you like, a story to tell or similar. Not quite sure what they expect and what the tasks are, but it helps building/showing a personality/passion. Of course also skill matters. But I'll just assume skill isn't the issue.
>>
>>2516149
im more anxious about the interview, i dont want to panic and spit out irrelevant shit to them, because desu im comfortable with my portfolio and my skills
>>
>>2516161
Well also depends on the school. Mine judgmentally asked whether I liked animu and I had to vaguely say "yes but not tooooo much". Turned out the school wasn't for me as it wasn't skill oriented at all anyway. But I think it's important to stay truthful about your interests whatever they might be, should they ask. They'll notice of you bullshit, too. I think as long as you seem pasionate and open for innovation and learning, you can't do much wrong. Looking up online about other students experiences maybe also might work, depends how popular/big the school is.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.