[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: fondo zue2.png (2 MB, 1572x960) Image search: [Google]
fondo zue2.png
2 MB, 1572x960
I feel this isn't finished, there is something I could add to make this.. better?
>>
>>2514975
It needs something phallic imo
>>
File: contrastgif.gif (3 MB, 786x480) Image search: [Google]
contrastgif.gif
3 MB, 786x480
I think this would benefit from more contrast in your values. Your environment is looking a bit boring not because it's missing stuff to look at, but because it's mostly midtones. I made this to show what I mean. I'm sure it'd look even better with actual attention, not just some quick Photoshop fiddling.

It's helpful to check things in greyscale occasionally to make sure your contrast looks good. It's a lot easier to lose track of it when you're using color.
>>
>>2515085
>that + contrast
Holy shit, it's like two different pictures.

Not the OP, it's just interesting to see the transition.
>>
>>2514975
contrast, and one other colour. The bridge looks like it's not flat because it's even width all the way to the ice.
>>
>>2514975
the color looks nice and dramatic. I feel like the drawing is lacking different textures. Look up different caves and rock textures and cloud textures to give you some ideas.
>>
>>2515085
I agree with anon, but push the contrast mostly on the foreground and less on the background. That gives it a lot more depth.
>>
>>2515085
This is awful. What the fuck were you thinking?
>>
>>2515085
>>2515956
>>2515986
>>2515103
Thanks guys, that helps a lot
>>
>>2514975

add a light shining onto the crystal
>>
File: 1462689079690.png (2 MB, 1572x960) Image search: [Google]
1462689079690.png
2 MB, 1572x960
>>
>>2517274
aaaaaAAAA OF COURSE! THANKS DUD U SO COOL
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.