[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the appeal of stuff like this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Leon-löwentraut-bild_-.jpg (168 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Leon-löwentraut-bild_-.jpg
168 KB, 960x960
Artist's name is Leon Löwentraut or some shit and he's 17. People are making a fuss over how great and special his stuff is and he happily claims that his art teachers said he sucks.

Just one example of this kind of art.
Apparently rich people actually pay thoudands for this, and I can't wrap my head around it. Where's the appeal? What's so special? I'd never hang it onto my walls its just plain unappealing.
>>
Its just a tool for money laundering. The nice thing about art is that it has subjective value so you can determine the sale price at a whim without raising suspicion.
>>
>>2514947
Not in his case, he is selling them for 1k-5k (some probably for more). For some reason he managed to get the German press and television to cover him. I just checked on Youtube and he was on a lot of popular TV channels and shows.

My guess is that his parents are friends with a gallery owner or someone working with for TV.

Once you get big media coverage you can jack up the prices 10 fold and you will still sell more than ever. I don't think it has much to do with money laundering, there are a lot of rich people here and they want abstract art to impress people.

The question is, how did he manage to get all that media coverage, not why people buy it.
>>
>>2514826
Some people must like what he does.
>>
>>2515099
I knew his mom was full of shit when she said "I always knew he was talented, as a child he already drew expressive faces"
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.