[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you improve?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Silly question, but how do you improve. It just looking at pic related I feel like that will be me in 13 years.

You also got artist like Sycra who have been doing art all day for 13 years and they have beginner tier art.

Yet you get some people who have three years of experience becoming world class.

I don't understand how that happens. Is it the spark? Is it genetics?

Alfgen is better than pic related with only a year under his belt.
>>
>>2513976
you have no idea what youre talking about if sycra has beg tier art.
>>
>>2513976
Take a step back from /ic/ if you think Sycra's art is beginner tier. I really don't want to trigger a Sycra thread, I don't even really like his chin style all that much, but it's top level classic 4chin neckbeard insecurity to call him a beginner.

Anon, just keep drawing, remember to have fun but also look at what you do and see where you need to improve. Some people progress slower than others, and that's fine. If you put yourself under some arbitrary time pressure then you are setting yourself up for a whole lot of failure. If this is a hobby, you want to enjoy it, not feel like shit all the time, right? And if you want it to be more than a hobby, you want to enjoy it, because otherwise you will hate yourself and your life for the next 40-60 years, earning less than you could've doing something you don't actually enjoy.

Have fun and practice, probably 50/50 (Adjust depending on circumstance). You will naturally progress when drawing what you have fun drawing, especially because you have motivation towards a certain goal and will seek out ways to improve in an effort to reach that goal. Rather than trying to follow some predetermined path that doesn't necessarily work for you and makes you want to kill yourself.
>>
>>2513982
Nose shut the fuck up you really arent qualified enough to have an opinion in anything art related, no matter how many pictures you have saved.
>>
The only way to settle this is with an art off.
>>
>>2513982
Sycra sucks mad balls hes jizza tier
>>
>>2513991
sycra fucking sucks, his art is fucking cringe worthy and i ran away as far as i could from him once i realized this.
>>
Ok he's not a beginner, but I don't see much progress going on there, and don't get me started with his creativity
>>
>>2513992
youre not opinion enough to qualify my me
>>
>>2513976
>this type of work is seen as acceptable after so many years
I'm definitely gonna make it then
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>2514128
Sure, whatever, but if this is a "beginners work" in your mind you are just retarded.

Chances are you can't paint this well either.
>>
>>2514236

Not him but not every artist has to be a painter. I wouldn't trade good technical drawing skill over painting skill where I can hide my mistakes. Chances are anon draws better than sycra.
>>
>>2514250
No, chances are he doesn't. You cannot draw without a solid understanding of rendering because lines are just shadow represented in a 2d way.

You idiots really overestimate yourselves when you consider the shit quality of work posted here on a daily basis.

Chances are you and OP both cannot draw for shit. Go ahead and post some work to prove me wrong though.
>>
>>2514208
exactly my thought. Seems trash for 13 years.
>>
wow that's a really sad improvement...30 years old.. and drawing worse than she did at 18...funneled herself to doing a style for casual ios games...
>>
>>2513976
How do you improve? You work hard and draw alot, how else?
>>
File: Splatoon_CallieMarie.png (820 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Splatoon_CallieMarie.png
820 KB, 1920x1080
>>2514256
Im a different anon, but what do you think of my drawing?

Im waaaay past this stage of the drawing and I've cleaned the lines a little, drew her other hand, and drew her with an ahegao and jerking two large dicks. This is the only version I have on mobile.
>>
You improve by challenging yourself. You challenge yourself by drawing something different from what you're used to and getting out of your comfort zone. By drawing something you're not used to drawing, you realize what you can't draw and then you practice that until you get it. Do this enough times and you'll improve eventually.
>>
>>2514341
are you honestly trying to say youre better than sycra? You're literally roughly 1/11 of his level
>>
>>2513976
this person didn't improve that much at all actually, how and why do you go from the first one in 2010, to the last one in 2015??

>Alfgen
he practiced for 12 hours a day, back on conceptart.org he used to post something like 4 photo studies, book studies, 3 sketches, and 2 imagination paintings all from one day.

>Is it the spark? Is it genetics?
PRACTICE
>>
>>2514354
Wow. Aggressive much?
All I'm asking is your opinion on my drawing.
Im just saying that its not the most recent version of the drawing, it's just the most recent on my phone. I've recently cleaned it up and finished the other hand.
>>
>>2514360
either you're missing the context in which you replied or you think that 1/11 was something I said out of spite.

Sycra is good no matter how we want to cut it.
>>
>>2514362
Did I reply on my first post?

Mobile for me is janky.

I like Sycra's drawing videos on youtube and I don't think he's bad. As long as someone can draw an appealing picture, even if it's not fully proportionate, I try to take from it and see what I can learn from that artist.

The only artist I can think of that I really hate is that one autistic dumbass who made Sonichu comics. Forgot his name... Chris-chan or something..? He's the only one that I can say that I am better than, but so can most people.
>>
>>2514256

I don't need to prove to you anything, suck my dick.
>>
>>2514443
well you do if you say youre capable of something. Which you arent.

PS: I'm (floaty) head engineer at NASA.
>>
>>2514362
He is good but he isn't THAT good for the amount of years he's spent drawing
At his experience level you would expect godly shit that takes your breath away but instead his art has remained the same as when he was a teenager
>>
>>2514452

I don't like you.
>>
>>2513976
“From around the age of six, I had the habit of sketching from life. I became an artist, and from fifty on began producing works that won some reputation, but nothing I did before the age of seventy was worthy of attention. At seventy-three, I began to grasp the structures of birds and beasts, insects and fish, and of the way plants grow. If I go on trying, I will surely understand them still better by the time I am eighty-six, so that by ninety I will have penetrated to their essential nature. At one hundred, I may well have a positively divine understanding of them, while at one hundred and thirty, forty, or more I will have reached the stage where every dot and every stroke I paint will be alive. May Heaven, that grants long life, give me the chance to prove that this is no lie.”
>>
>>2513976
It's about constantly pushing outside your comfort zone, seeing projects through, analysing and learning from your mistakes, and giving it another go. Having good genes or whatever certainly gives you an advantage, but don't get hung up on shit you can't change. Focus on the things you can.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>2514473
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.