[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I want to make a comic in watercolors but I'm sure my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 140847774237.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
140847774237.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
so I want to make a comic in watercolors but I'm sure my normal inking tools (a rapidograph) will not work well on watercolor aper

What do I do? Find an alternative way to letter or use a different medium for colors?
>>
bamper
>>
>>2513496
pick a smoother watercolor paper, and/or consider a larger rapidograph or bold fountain pen w/ waterproof ink
>>
>>2514480
A larger rapidograph will require me to make larger letters
I have several fountan pens but I didn't tought they could work well on watercolor paper.
>>
>>2514480
>rapidograph on watercolor paper
That sounds like it would destroy the needle in no time.
>>
>>2514847
>I have several fountan pens but I didn't tought they could work well on watercolor paper.
If you already have them, why not try it out?

You could also o the ink separately and shoop it together if you're married to incompatible tools.
>>
>>2513496
Disposable pigment liners (e.g. Sakura Microns, Staedtler Pigment Liners, Faber-Castell PITT pens, etc.) will work just fine on watercolor paper. They were originally created to replace Rapidographs, after all. The rougher surface will wear the nibs down faster than ordinary paper, so try to keep your touch light.

You could probably find illustration boards that are smooth enough to work with a Rapidograph and still not buckle from the watercolors. I've never tried this though, and illustration board is expensive.
>>
>>2515116
>You could also o the ink separately and shoop it together if you're married to incompatible tools.
I've tought about that, I just feel it'll add more to the process but it seems the best option.
>>
>>2514847

They can work. The smoother the paper the better, as well as experiment with nibs.

One problem is though that though there are waterproof inks (a lot of fountain pen inks aren't so choose wisely) is that a lot of pens, especially flex pens put out a lot of ink so that even though the ink that binds to the paper won't budge the extra ink laying on top of the other ink will begin to run and mix with your watercolors and make it ugly.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.