[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starters tattoos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1462342325727.jpg (87 KB, 1080x1701) Image search: [Google]
1462342325727.jpg
87 KB, 1080x1701
So this is my 3rd tattoo(cat) and first large one pre shading, any tips?
>>
You and every other person with tattoos is a real life clown.
>>
how tragic
>>
>>2510367
the big one looks like henna
>>
muuuh unique indi-vid-dual points. i laugh at faggots like this.

yh sure i would consider tattoing/stenciling my skateboard deck but never my body. that shit is stupid as fuck
>>
>>2510367
0/10
>>
>>2510367
Please be kidding... Please be a sharpie-doodle! Those are terrible, and I'm not saying that just to be rude!
>>
>>2510555
There's a fucking sharpie on the background
>>
You're fucking yourself with those line sizes-- they are going to blow out over time because you have no formal teaching about the optimal depth of penetration. Apprentice for 5 years then you may start to get a feeling of how to properly tattoo.

Or fuck up your body for a couple months before you get bored and find a laser removal guy who charges a flat rate for as long as you can sit.
>>
File: 1438808929697.jpg (132 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1438808929697.jpg
132 KB, 600x600
>>2510372
It's fucked how not having tattoos is more rebellious today than having them.
>>
>>2510367
You are neither a tribal warrior nor in a prison gang.
You dont need a tattoo.
>>
>>2510594
>doing shit to be rebellious
>having a need for something

You guys must be a blast at parties.
>>
>>2510594
Has zero to do with rebellion. Tattoos are something that you permanently mark yourself with to seek the approval of other's. Tattoos are an extreme form of conformity. People that are willing to perform self mutilation to conform to persona. No matter how you stretch it tattoos are not for the person receiving the tattoo, they are for the onlooker.
>>
>>2512579
How do you figure anyone gets a tattoo to seek approval? Sounds like a lot of projection, honestly. People get tattoos for the same reason they draw whatever it is they draw: they think it's cool. I really wouldn't read any further into it, especially if you're an armchair psychologist.
>>
>>2510594
i'm going to get a back tattoo on saturday.
something modest and small that i dont intend for anyone else to really ever see, it's a reminder to keep myself balanced and disciplined. It might be for the onlooker but the onlooker in this case is myself.
It's not trashy or "sick ink", just something small and personal. I don't think that it could be further from rebellious but there are some people who would insist that i'm a retarded edgelord hipster.

oh who am i kidding im a pot smoking mountain dew swilling no life who just wants some fukn dank tats (that's your (you) by the way, enjoy it.)
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Got this for my son Ethan
E - greek letter Sigma (for the look, not the sound) since I'm a math guy
T - wife and I like Disney, so T from Toy Story
H - wife and I played scrabble a lot when we first met
A - Sergeant in USMC (rank insignia)
N - music notes for wife who sings and plays piano

Going for a "he's the product of her and me" kind of thing
>>
is that a cabbage?
>>
>>2514938
>for the look, not the sound
>t from toy story
>scrabble
>this one is weak but okay
>this one is weak but okay

next time just write ethan
>>
>>2512628
>back tattoo
>it's for myself
>I'm the onlooker
>the tattoo will be on my back
>>
>>2514974
>i take everything literally

it's a symbol, knowing its there is enough.
just because ou dont understand something doesnt mean it's stupid anon
>>
>>2514978
Why not just set a daily calendar alert on your phone if you are that forgetful?

Sorry, do you have alzheimer's?
>>
>>2514938
I would have used an "E"
>>
>>2514938
>S
>T
>H
>A
>N
>>
>>2514991
Can you stop being a nitpicking contrarian for a second?
Do you think >>2514938
has "Ethan" written on his leg because he'll forget his son's name? No, it symbolizes his love for his son and wife. Similarly, my tattoo symbolizes inner strength and balance, and the all-encompassing abstraction and absurdity of existence. But feel free to assume people are retards for making choices in life that dont parallel your own, it is a free country after all.
>>
>>2514996
hahahaha
>>
>>2514938
toy story was pixar not disney
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.