[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This has been bothering me for about a year now. Right now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: LSU0929-Future-Fest.jpg (221 KB, 1005x670) Image search: [Google]
LSU0929-Future-Fest.jpg
221 KB, 1005x670
This has been bothering me for about a year now.

Right now, Im studying Digital Art at LSU, and while the programs getting better, were learning nothing about the 2D Animation Pipeline. I was having a crisis last semester looking at CalArts and SCAD curriculums and was going to consider transferring but the prices are too entirely fucking high. Because scholarships/financial aid, school is buku cheap in state, but I know that im missing out on so much. The program here is generally focused around 3D with a SHIT ton of filler classes (print photography, 3 printmaking classes, etc. ). I am really enjoying the 3D classes, and am halfway through my film minor i picked up to get everything i can out of this school.

My question i guess, is there a place to pick up really good 2D animation lessons/ books? Im kind of making a list of shit to study based off what the curriculums in actual art schools suggest but its only going to tell me so much.

also, thread for those of us going to school for art where art isnt the focus. how are you liking the courses, getting the know;edge you so desperately want.
>>
>buku

It's beaucoup (and it doesn't make any damn sense in this context in either case fampai)

Anyway my man

>My question i guess, is there a place to pick up really good 2D animation lessons/ books

Richard Williams' Animator's Survival Kit

Preston Blair's animation books and AMB Animation Academy (https://www.youtube.com/user/eubasaban) on youtube are some of the better resources out there for the 2D pipeline.
>>
File: 1456499283666.png (586 KB, 800x712) Image search: [Google]
1456499283666.png
586 KB, 800x712
>>2510141

im sure theres a proper use for it but its phrase said in the south a lot. im from louisiana,so i assume my entire dialect stems from butchering grammar.

and thanks. i just picked up Richard's book this semester but havent been able to practice much cause of school and work. Ill look into the other one.
>>
I am not a professional artist and I don't work in the industry so i am about to talk out my ass.

Scad and other over priced art schools are a huge waste of money. With that being said I still think having a mentor is essential to getting better. I would find a local mentor and learn from them. It shouldn't be too hard to find some one better than you if you arnt in the middle of no where or already amazing.
>>
File: 86953653242.png (124 KB, 235x228) Image search: [Google]
86953653242.png
124 KB, 235x228
>>2510121
I also go to school in Louisiana for art. I go to NSU (not the nice one, the ANOTHER one in the midle of nowhere.) We actually just got a 3D animation class and it starts next semester!

This school's primary focus isn't art. I like it this way.
If I had to sleep, breathe, sleep, and eat art 24/7, I would go insane. It's already a blow to my heart when I realize I've spent an entire week not drawing for my own pleasure and not class.
I don't necessarily enjoy all of the college require courses(math geology, ois, ect.) but sometimes I need that "break."
>>
>>2510173
I would imagine it's quite difficult to find a mentor if you are not already entry-level in the industry or meeting animators through school. I'm working for a kind of mentor as his assistant animator (2D) currently.

OP: I would suggest that if possible, try to see of you can do an exchange course abroad (or otherwise, not sure how it works in the US) in a school that has an animation course/programme. That's what I did, being the only 2D animator in my media course, and it presented me with opportunities I never would have had otherwise.
>>
>>2510506
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.