[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought acrylics, this is my first painting, i tried an impressionist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
I bought acrylics, this is my first painting, i tried an impressionist style. How can I improve?
>>
>>2509273
By buying oils. Your painting looks quite decent though. If only you'd have put in the amount of detail you put in the trees in the wheat and sun, it would have been really nice.
>>
make your paint dryer next time
>>
>>2509401
This. The trees are pretty great
>>
Love it
>>
I think this looks pretty neat, but try posting in an existing thread next time.
>>
Not too shabby. Keep at it OP just maybe put a little more time into it
>>
>i tried an impressionist style

Like you had a choice.
>>
>>2509273
>>2509771
it isn't remotely impressionist
>>
use more water and take out the maximum from transparent and opaque paints
>>
>>2509273

[vomits internally]
>>
>>2509273
The trees are fantastic. There is not enough texture on the house and too much on the sun, I believe. For a first painting it's actually great.
>>
painting the sun before the clouds would have done you some good
>>
>>2509401
Thanks, I actually did buy oils. I bought the acrylics while the oils were shipping to practice color mixing and stuff, but it just dries too fast, I really like mixing the colors on the canvas.
>>
>>2509273
>what is perspective
>>
>>2509273
I really like it, Maybe a bit more detail on the house.
>>
>>2509273
Former art teacher here.

It depends on what you want to do a style and hiw realistic or symnolic. You can develop more interest by using slightly different shades and colors. You seem to have an interest in a van fogh kind of style. Almost all his paintings are in an online museum, I'd peak through them to get ideas on color variety.

You could add realism to the sky if you wanted, but you don't have to. To do that you will notice that during the day the sky closer to you will be more blue and towards the horizon it gets a little more white, so you could fade between a blue or cerulean and a band of the same color mixed with more white to get lighter.

Some stores like Michaels have a very cheap but effective set of nylon bristle brushes that have a few round brushes that hold a very sharp point. Those are good at making fine lines as If you were drawn for details.

Sometimes you have to let things dry before you can get the desired effect because wet on wet paint muses together. If you painted a big area one color, you could work on another spot for 15 minutes and let it dry, as it starts to tack up the strokes will hold their nature.

If you want red you can pretty much never mix a color with white, you have to either A. Paint a section with an opaque red color, probably in a few coats. B. Pull and push the red for depth by shading around it or using a lighter shade of red that's fairly opaque. Maybe cad red light.
>>
http://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/en/vincents-life-and-work
>>
>>2514227
>>2514238

Thank you so much, this will definitely help me improve
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.