[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I grind out shit for days learning something new then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: smugpuppyjpeg.jpg (4 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
smugpuppyjpeg.jpg
4 KB, 276x183
>mfw I grind out shit for days learning something new then the next day pick up my sketchbook and do a good drawing on the first try.

Why does this happen? Does the brain need time to rest and synthesize the information?
>>
>>2508584
>Does the brain need time to rest and synthesize the information?
Yes. You will learn more doing 2 hours a day for a week than you will doing 14 hours in a single day.
>>
the brain is active even during sleep. it takes that time to continue processing information and solve the difficulties you're faced with. this is the underlying concept of every NEVER GIVE UPPU speech you've heard
>>
It's 'cause two parts of you are developing when you're learning art. Your eyes, and your hands. Hands is self-explanatory. You know how some of the art you thought was amazing before you started learning art in seriousness looks like cheap bullshit now? That's because your eyes are better.

Thing is, they don't always sync up when improving. If everything you're drawing is suddenly shit, it's because your eyes have gotten better before your hands have, so you can see what you're doing wrong without the capabilities to fix it.

Then your hands catch up in a few days, and problem solved until your next eye jump and everything you do is shit again.
>>
>>2508669

When does it end and you can make what is in your mind?
>>
>>2508594
>not doing 14 hours every single day
I have bad news anon
>>
File: 1461549769756.gif (2 MB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1461549769756.gif
2 MB, 512x512
>tfw do something alright the first try then do worse every time after
>>
File: ant.gif (133 KB, 719x642) Image search: [Google]
ant.gif
133 KB, 719x642
>>2508669
>a few days
>been months since last eye jump, hands still have not jumped
>>
File: 1456922043468.jpg (8 KB, 150x144) Image search: [Google]
1456922043468.jpg
8 KB, 150x144
>>2508669
>Then your hands catch up in a few days
>>
>>2508734
this is the god damn worst
>>
>>2508584

Make sure you sleep well too.
>>
>>2508734
I don't even try. I know it will be horrible.
>>
>>2508584
Nah you just need to forget all the shit theorycrafting and then just do what you need to do.
>>
File: disppointed fox.jpg (166 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
disppointed fox.jpg
166 KB, 1024x680
>>2508584
This >>2508594
You know how you shouldn't binge eat since your body won't be able to absorb all the nutrients anyway, so you have to spread you meals out to, say, three meals a day?
The same principle applies to how your brain learns.
>>
>>2508685
The ride never ends.

>>2508764
>>2508742
If your eyes are better, then you know what you're doing wrong. It's not just 'it's shit, I hate everything I do,' it's 'wow, my figures never look properly grounded, I need to focus on improving my distribution of gravity'.

If you can definitively tell what you're doing wrong, look for solid resources to improve that aspect, work to get better at it, and have not improved in months, there is something fundamentally wrong with your approach. Dunno if it's your teaching materials, your methods, or some personal neuroses, but now might be the time to go find a qualified atelier or something to get you on a working path.
>>
>>2508654
please say you didn't just make another vilppu meme
>>
>>2509265
so you're saying if i eat all my mcdonalds at once i won't get fat?
>>
I see the exact same thing. I used to get disinterested or unmotivated where I'd go a week or two without drawing. But when I'd come off the break I'd be better than before. Now I make a point to take extended breaks even if i dont want to..
>>
File: 1460869323198.jpg (4 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1460869323198.jpg
4 KB, 124x125
>>2510296
>>
Your brain continues to work problems outside of when you are actually focusing on them.

Kind of like when someone asks you a question and you can't think of the answer but later on when you are taking a shit the answer pops in your head and you call them and tell them and they are like "are you calling me while you are taking a shit?"
>>
>>2510296
Actually yes. I did it more often than not.
>>
File: 1462503353886s.jpg (4 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1462503353886s.jpg
4 KB, 124x125
>>2512683
>all at once
>more often than not
>>
File: happy chinhchong eating.gif (1 MB, 209x180) Image search: [Google]
happy chinhchong eating.gif
1 MB, 209x180
I always know I had a really good day when I get to bed, close my eyes and have the tetris effect, but instead of tetris it is painting or drawing. The chances are high that I'll also dream about it. Best feel in the world man.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.