[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wtf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 01.jpg (12 KB, 456x449) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
12 KB, 456x449
So, I'm doing some freelance work for this guy; mostly shirt designs and some comic pages. Everything has been just fine with the guy, I had no problems at all until a few days ago, he mailed me asking if I could remove my signature for the cover artwork I did for him. I don't want to remove my signature and we didn't talk about anything regarding this issue in the past; I also can't understand why my signature shouldn't be on the cover being the excuse that my cover is "for a special edition of the comic without title or names".
Any advice on this? It really got me by surprise.
>>
>>2505897
making him pay more for this
>>
>>2505897
Post your work. Are you even charging him?
>>
>>2505897
To be honest, signatures don't belong on covers. Most covers don't have them, you should get credited for it though unless you agree to it for more money.
>>
>>2505910
I will not post my work since I don't want any critique about it and I don't want to make a big deal out of this. Just want to know if any of you had similar experiences and if you might any hidden reason for this.
What I can tell is that this is an small indie project, so I don't think this is gonna give huge gains to the guy running the whole thing; and I don't even care about royalties or extra money on this particular project, but I feel that erasing my signature is just, I don't know, I imagine myself erasing it and it feels like leting my ass be penetrated :/
>>
>>2505914
what do you mean? almost every comic I have has a signature on the cover. The only ones that don't have it are shitty industrial comics who doesn't care about their artists
>>
FABULOUS
>>
>>2505922
Say, I'm not comfortable removing my signature from my work. A special edition without names wasn't part of our agreement. If you would like my illustration to be on the cover, my signature will have to stay.

Sounds like you didn't agree to a kill fee?
>>
>>2505998
this is what I did, but if he insists on removing it I'll have to tell him to buy me the rights and then do whatever he wants with it.
>>
Will you get credited inside the comicbook? Like, in the very first page where they usually put the credits.
>>
>>2506006
Oh yes, I will be credited for all my work on the inside.
>>
>>2505897
Do you have a gaudy as fuck signature? Sounds like you have a gaudy as fuck signature. I've had the same thing, but I don't really care because anyone interested enough to look into the art is going to look at the inside cover to see who it's credited to. Normies don't give a fuck, and nobody knows who you are anyway, so I wouldn't worry about your special snowflake signature not being there.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.