[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im pretty suckish at drawing hands, any tips/is it possible for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: ame.png (288 KB, 518x520) Image search: [Google]
ame.png
288 KB, 518x520
Im pretty suckish at drawing hands, any tips/is it possible for improvement in a short amount of time?
>>
If you're going for speed just take a picture of your own hands in the desired pose and use it as a reference. For long term improvement just do daily hand studies.
>>
Probably the most common issue I see with beginners, and I'm guilty of doing it in the past, is going straight for the final product.

Try drawing something on one layer dropping the opacity of that layer to 40%, then redrawing it "better" on top of that image, do the same thing one more time over the the second layer.
>>
>>2504764
>>2504776
I see, thanks for the suggestions definitely gonna try it out
>>
File: Untitled.png (539 KB, 518x520) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
539 KB, 518x520
there's a dip in the palms, so the left and right sides have more material than the center. this line is the best way i can explain it
also it looks like in this picture you forgot a finger
>>
>>2504758
I bought the Dynamic Figure Drawing: Hands and Feet with David Finch. It really helped me draw hands better. Now I can almost draw a hand in every angle I can think of unless it involves foreshortening, he didn't teach that but I can still do much better then before.
It's not the best tutorial but it's the fact that he drew so many hands is what helped me. I say the secret is to just copy, copy and copy until you get it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.