[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting Out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: pencil-and-paper.jpg (32 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
pencil-and-paper.jpg
32 KB, 640x427
Bought this. Did i fall for the meme?
>>
>ever considering the graphite meme

kill yourself lad
>>
>>2504177
>using printer paper

You paid too much. You should've used toilet paper or napkins. If you're just starting out, you don't need all this fancy equipment.
>>
>>2504207
>Falling for the toilet paper jew

Just use your shit to draw on the walls
>>
>>2504214
Whoa walls are way to expensive man I'd go ahead and skip the whole process and just try a tree.
>>
>>2504227
>brown shit on brown bark

Where's the contrast, faggot?

Real sparkfags live in a barrel in the rockies so they can shit-draw on the snow 24/7/365
>>
>>2504177
You're missing out on the discipline you'd cultivate if you would have used charcoal from trees you felled yourself, created in a fire you started with a hand drill, and drew on the walls of a cave you wrestled the bear out of. You didn't exactly fuck up, but you're missing out on half the gains and most of the fun.
>>
>>2504177
>falling for the you can draw with practice meme

kek, only people born with spark and talent can draw
>>
>>2504177
>he fell for the memes
Say goodbye to your dreams
>>
>using paper
>using a pen

if you want to git gud, you need to use hand pressed papyrus (made from real Egyptian reeds and bound in real moleskin) with a piece of charcoal from the house you burnt down when you decided to leave your old life for art.
>>
>>2504177
How the fuck do you even gesso that?
>>
>>2504326
KEK hahahhahahahha
>>
>Not cutting you skin with your fingernails
You have all the tools you need built into your body
>>
>>2504242
>>2504207
>>2504232
>>2504324
pls stahp, I'm dying
>>
>>2504177
sooooo much symbol drawing holy shit.

Do you even loomis, m'lord?
>>
>>2504331
>using a physical medium to draw
jesus christ if you can't visualize every line of the painting at the same time without having to fucking put it down and look at it with your eyes like an animal don't even start drawing.
>>
>>2504474
>Not dictating the POV-Ray rendering data to your secretary over the phone from a beach in the Philippines.
It's like you hate money.
>>
8/8 thread
>>
File: image.jpg (338 KB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338 KB, 2500x2500
Pencil and paper will run out after some time. A graphic tablet however, while slightly more expensive can be used indefinitely.

I recommend pic related. It has a big surface which is perfect for beginners.
>>
>>2504484
Worst suggestion in this entire thread.
>>
>>2504484
Nice try Wacom.

now fuck off to fixing your drivers and shilling on here
>>
>>2504177
>Bought

not gonna make it
>>
>>2504484
>while slightly more expensive

try harder m8
>>
>>2504177
>Bought this. Did i fall for the meme?
Yes.
If you want to draw traditionally use felt pens exclusevely.
If you want digital go for digital
Pencils are useless.
>>
>>2504177

Why the fuck didn't you buy a cintiq? Everyone on /ic/ has one.
>>
>>2504507
This.
Don't you wanna make it?
>>
This is my first time on this board and this is the first thread I opened. Am I missing something? You're asking if you fell for a meme because you bought a No. 2 pencil and paper?
>>
>Not making abstract paintings on a piece of parchment made from your own skin with ink made from your blood, feces, mucus and tears.
You're not even trying
>>
File: modernartviewer.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
modernartviewer.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
Holy shit you normies still drawing this pleb stuff like a bunch of sheeple? How about you try creating something truly deep and counter-cultural? Oh right ,you can't, cuz you're not smart enough. Pic related.
>>
All jokes aside I don't think you can really git gud with that. You should only practice with charcoal, you're never going to hold your tool like one holds an ordinary pencil.
>>
File: 1460820105294s.jpg (3 KB, 119x125) Image search: [Google]
1460820105294s.jpg
3 KB, 119x125
>>2504484
not true. nibs are expensive as fuck comparing what they actually are
>>
>>2507570
>falling for the meme this hard
>>
>>2507642
Skill doesn't live in your hand.
>>
>>2504484
>wacom cintiq
>video editing software on screen

What kind of mickey mouse bullshit is this
>>
File: Neanderthal-610x356.jpg (38 KB, 610x356) Image search: [Google]
Neanderthal-610x356.jpg
38 KB, 610x356
>>2504207

>not rock on wall

We talk about this.
>>
File: vrCP4It.jpg (109 KB, 800x865) Image search: [Google]
vrCP4It.jpg
109 KB, 800x865
>this thread

god I fucking love you, /ic/
>>
>>2504207
>not drawing on your skin
never gonna make it
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.