[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
level with me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: 1461780263967.jpg (99 KB, 372x724) Image search: [Google]
1461780263967.jpg
99 KB, 372x724
is there a way to skip all the fancy artsy fundamentals if i only want to draw hot bitches?
>>
>>2503734
>fancy
>fundamentals

It's the basics, anon

You can't draw basic bitches without the basics
>>
>>2503739
hell, you might get away with it if you pooled years of experience into only drawing hot bitches, while leaning on your reference folder harder than a drunk man on a coffee table, but at that point why not just take the time to learn the basics and get better faster
>>
>>2503734
you still have to study the fundamentals, but you can do things like only study female anatomy and probably skip some composition.
>>
>get rid of her head
>decrease her hip size and breast size
whats left is what we consider fundamentals, not counting the intricate coloring. So unless you want your bitches looking like deformed aliens better grind up on fundamentals.
>>
>>2503734
oh man this is the shiniest turd ive ever seen
>>
>>2503744
I can't appreciate stuff like this anymore the stuff that I used to make me go muh dick is now dwarfed by mistakes I didn't know before like stiff poses and blank thousand yard expressionless stares or boring front view headshots with too much symmetry that makes it uninteresting.
>>
>>2503752
those are design choices, not mistakes
>>
>>2503734
kill yourself mobashitter
>>
>>2503762
>muh style
>>
>>2503768
>knowing this specific fan art is depicting a moba character
you first
>>
>>2503734
>Is it possible to play basketball without using a basketball or nets?

Sure, why not. Go for it, anon.
>>
>>2503772
>muh realism
>>
>>2503825
Fucking told
>>
>>2503768
>>2503825
rekt
>>
>>2503734
you would have to learn basic face construction and simplified anatomy
>>
trace. use photoshop bullshit
>>
>>2503849
You cannot evade reality drawing only anime bitches, anon-kun
One day you'll learn how art really works, kid, but not now with that shitty ass attitude.
>>
>>2504081
>One day you'll learn how art really works
This has to be the biggest fallacy that 4chan commits on a regular basis.
The pompous attitude as if you've just decided the argument.
Yet it doesn't say anything other than "I don't want to argue with you anymore".
Just face it and say that you don't care what I have to say.
>>
>>2503734
99% just paint over a real photo in PS and stupids fall for it.
>>
You could skip some, sure.
You still need to know your anatomy and, if you want to draw painted and rendered stuff, you also need to understand lighting and color theory. If you want to do poses from imagination you'll also benefit from understanding construction.
>>
File: 1433202644759.jpg (37 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1433202644759.jpg
37 KB, 500x334
>>2504081
>One day you'll learn how art really works, kid,

I'd love to hear how art really works, anonymous. Please, tell us all. How does art actually work?
>>
See, if you just study other artists who draw figures, then you're basically "studying fundamentals.

If you just keep drawing figures from imagination and try to improve each time, you're still "studying fundamentals.

Just draw and you'll get better boi.
>>
>>2504152
what he said, just try not to stagnate.
The list of fundamentals is basicly all the skills you need to become a good artist, how you aquire them is your choise.

Now that I'm thinking about it, why calling it fundamentals when it requires years of practise to get a hang of it?
>>
File: Image.png (225 KB, 1077x749) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
225 KB, 1077x749
Design Doll.
>>
>>2504133
>99%

You need to get off of /ic/ for a while. Photobashers like Irakli and co are a tiny, tiny minority of actual artists. Don't be that delusional loser who goes to such extremes to feel less insecure about how shit he is himself. There are thousands upon thousands of artists who are great at drawing figures from imagination.
>>
>>2503734
Do you want to be like shadman?
>>
>>2503734
Let's say you want to build a table from scratch. Chances are, you're going to start with a smaller project (Birdhouse) to get the basics.

Cooking? You'll probably make a very basic recipe (flour, eggs, sugar, etc) before jumping into a crazier one (look at any of those hipster baking sites, they all have a minimum of 30 fucking ingredients. For chocolate chip cookies. It's ridiculous,and not for beginners.

Every single type of skill out there, you need to start with the basics. Some people can grasp things faster and won't need to spend as muh time with the basics as others, but chances are if you're asking a question like this, you're in for a slow road of improvement unless you buckle down now.
>>
>>2503752

Still better than what you can do, has better gesture, better anatomy, better rendering etc. than you and 99% of /ic/ can do. I'd bet a large sum of money that your work isn't close to this level. You're just a intermediate anatomy snob who think you are superior just because you've pirated some Vilppu videos and practice gesture drawings once a week.
>>
>>2505906
The fact that you're defending this piece of shit is saying more about your own (lack of) artistic capabilities.
>>
>>2505967

It's far from perfect, but it's still better most of the things that ever gets posted by users on this board. But I guess you're just one of those "I could if I wanted to people".
>>
>>2505976
She looks like an abomination anon. I get that you wanna defend your fetish fuel but please don't go around telling people it's not shit when it clearly is.

You're only bullshitting yourself.
>>
>>2505840
Cooking and carpentry is easy as fuck in comparison to drawing. You could do both without any introduction as long as you had the recipie to cook or plans to build. You can't do the same with drawing.

You should have made a comparison to something like pro sports. You can know the theory, but you're still a couch potato before you go out there and mt dew it.
>>
>>2505995

Post work.
>>
>>2505976
>But I guess you're just one of those "I could if I wanted to people".

I'm so great and skilled at smearing dogshit on my face! What, you're saying it doesn't take skill and anyone could do it if they wanted to? Prove it then! What, now you say you don't want to smear dogshit on your face? Hah, GOT YA.
>>
>>2506075
he got you bro admit it
>>
File: 1460102485654.jpg (219 KB, 800x1154) Image search: [Google]
1460102485654.jpg
219 KB, 800x1154
>>2506054
>>
File: UnBuenCulo wip.png (132 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
UnBuenCulo wip.png
132 KB, 768x1024
I wanted to draw a hot bitch
>>
>>2506075
It's a generic painting of a sexy woman. Have you seriously never painted a sexy female figure before? He's not asking you to replicate what you consider dogshit, but to use your pressumably superior skill to make it not dogshit. You totally could if you wanted to, right?
>>
>>2506136
It's not a woman, it's a fucking anime doll.

Who here has asked anything from me?
>>
>>2506158
>I'm so great and skilled at smearing dogshit on my face! What, you're saying it doesn't take skill and anyone could do it if they wanted to? Prove it then! What, now you say you don't want to smear dogshit on your face? Hah, GOT YA.

What made you write this? What is the dogshit in this analogy? The execution, the subject matter or something else entirely? The question was if you can do a better painting than that guy did. Not can you do the same mistakes he made that makes you consider his work dogshit. Your analogy just makes no sense.
>>
>>2506178
>What made you write this?
Wanting to make fun of the mockable retard you are.

>What is the dogshit in this analogy?
Anime weebshit. Not everyone wants to be "good" at that.

> The question was if you can do a better painting than that guy did
Again, no one asked be to do anything of the sort. I just came in to this thread, to personally insult you.
>>
>>2506075

If the prospect of drawing something is equivalent to smearing dogshit on your face to you, you should probably find a new hobby.
>>
>>2503734
jesus christ that face looks so flat compared to the rest of her body. like it's half a grapefruit or something
>>
>>2503734
>is there a way to skip all the fancy artsy fundamentals if i only want to draw hot bitches?

No.
>>
>>2503734
There's no such thing as separate subjects, OP. There is just one subject.
>>
>>2503734
No.
>>
File: steal me.png (316 KB, 710x606) Image search: [Google]
steal me.png
316 KB, 710x606
>>2503734
1.Photobashing and collages
2.Lazy Nezumi
3.Cloning and Auto-painting in Coreel Painter.
4.Master the trannsform tool, liquify tool, warp tool, and master clone tool.
5. Steal silhouettes from concept designers
6. Take screenshots and use references from livestreams like Chaturbate -- that way your references can't be tracked.
>>
>>2503734
Become an apprentice of Wolfgang Beltracchi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz6YXjSHFOI
or Irakli
>>
>>2508376
That interviewer was a shitbag
>>
File: 1395049305260.png (188 KB, 310x416) Image search: [Google]
1395049305260.png
188 KB, 310x416
>>2503743
>decrease her hip size and breast size
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.