[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was thinking of getting copic markers since they are refillable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: artgermcopic.jpg (458 KB, 897x1200) Image search: [Google]
artgermcopic.jpg
458 KB, 897x1200
So I was thinking of getting copic markers since they are refillable anyways what does /ic/ think about them? I plan on grinding fundamentals with regular pencil and paper and practicing color with a small tablet i have. Also I was very curious about acrylics, gouache and other mediums that I have not discovered yet
>>
File: tumblr_nj4yrtk3PQ1rmvhn5o1_1280.jpg (1 MB, 1104x1428) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj4yrtk3PQ1rmvhn5o1_1280.jpg
1 MB, 1104x1428
Copics are great, but very, very expensive. I only use them for black and white drawing. I simply can't afford to get into color work with them.

Lately I've been working mostly in digital anyway.
>>
If you're a beginner/intermediate do not waste money on copics. Go with a cheaper brand like dickblick or ultraset or artist loft. Working digital is different than working IRL, especially if you want to experiment with different mediums. You can practice colour on the tablet but you should do traditional occasionally as to take a break from the colour picker in favor of your own eyes.
>>
>>2502812
Sounds like you don't do much painting... I'd definitely start practicing with some cheap acrylics so you can get a hang of the basics. Gouache dries really quickly, especially acrylic based gouache, so starting with acrylic paint will give you a little more time to work with it.

I have copics. They're ok. Sucks to colour big areas with the markers though, so I just use watercolour and then build up dimension with copics.
>>
>>2502820
that's pretty cool anon i have been doing digital artwork for drawthreads on /v/ but i also want to have really good physical artwork; unfortunately i have piss poor luck at getting a job ffs
>>
>>2502824
thanks anon i thought that since these are refillable, i might as well focus on them so i can get good with using them while i get good with foundations i thought refills weren't that expensive
>>
>>2502825
I was thinking of taking a painting class at my local community college for more of trad. painting
honestly, how can i get photoshop to achieve a certain "gouache" or "acrylic" look?
>>
>>2502831
Refills aren't too bad because you can use a refill canister many times before you run out. Just don't be wasteful.
>>
>>2502812
m-muh dickk
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.