[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long do you have to be drawing before you can be sure you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: quitting.jpg (12 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
quitting.jpg
12 KB, 255x198
How long do you have to be drawing before you can be sure you aren't going to quit?
>>
>>2501649
Pain doesn't have to be temporary, and quitting doesn't necessarily last forever.

:^)
>>
>>2501649
Pain is weakness leaving the body. The more you feel you suck at art, the more you are improving. Quitting at that point would be a waste.
>>
>>2501787

It hurts so bad with each drawing I am terrified I will do worse than I have before.
>>
>>2501649
You can never be sure. Plenty of people who were very good at art have quit, either through just stopping or through suicide.
>>
I'd say I'm fairly certain, because I treat art as a hobby rather than a job.

So while I get frustrated with my lack of skill, its still enjoyable for me and I haven't really ever felt that I need to quit.
>>
File: it is the only way.png (469 KB, 578x300) Image search: [Google]
it is the only way.png
469 KB, 578x300
>>2501824
Give in to your fear. It is the only way.
>>
>>2501838
This is a very healthy attitude! Good for you!
>>
>>2501838
Yeah, everything changes once you choose it as a career.

Also, OP, you can never be sure, time spent drawing doesn't matter. We all constantly doubt ourselves, even the best pros. But you need some good motivation to keep going.

When pain happens, I always think to myself that I have no other career choices and that this one is fucking neat. It doesn't get any better than drawing swords and castles for a living, unless you want some blue collar job where you won't have to use your brain. but that way, you're gonna hate yourself just as much if not more, and you will never be "successful"
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.