[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im kinda confused about something. On pic related we see in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled-1.jpg (531 KB, 1415x1966) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
531 KB, 1415x1966
Im kinda confused about something. On pic related we see in a simple way how to draw a cylinder, right? But... If you try to draw a cylinder in a 2 point perspective and its not in the middle of our drawing its gonna be skewed.

If you see example 1 its in front of us on the middle - we see the axis goes straight down like in 2 point perspective, right? But if we want our axis straight down (and it should be in 2 point perspective) and draw the elipse like we are supposed to we end up with example 3 - it wouldnt fit in our grid but it would be correct if we extended the lines and made a cylinder out of that. To make it fit we would have to turn it a bit like in example 2 but the axis doesnt go straight down so it'd have to be either in a 3 point perspective or if we made straight lines, drew another elipse that way and made a cylinder out of it- it would be disorted - kinda like on the 2nd example of the first pic from the book

So how we should go about this? Draw your cylinders in 1 point perspective or have skewed cylinders in 2 point perspective? Or maybe am I missing something?

If you dont understand then just ask, im gonna try explain it further
>>
>>2500983
draw a plane in perspective and then put a circle inside of it and you'll have your cylinder cap
>>
>>2500984
Thats not the point - gonna draw it to make it easier to understand
>>
File: DCI - Portfolio11.jpg (460 KB, 2305x1415) Image search: [Google]
DCI - Portfolio11.jpg
460 KB, 2305x1415
Drew it that way it shows on the instructions - it looks right but doesnt fit into the grid

Drew it so it fits into the grid - its disorted (i know the top one would be a bit less showing, but still)
>>
If you put a lot of glasses on your desk im 100% sure they wouldnt look anything like the 2nd drawing, they would look like the first one

>>2500994 (op here)
>>
nvm - you should just draw it like i did in the 2nd example in 1 picture
>>
>>2500994
2 point easily becomes 3 point and that´s how it starts to affect your elipses
>>
>>2500983
Look at the first reply in this thread by bill618, he has a good explanation and diagram: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/270701-A-question-on-circle-in-perspective

Basically the minor axis only appears to go to the vanishing point--it coincidentally lines up almost perfectly in most cases. But in the extremes of vision (outside normal cone of vision and on the edge of it) then it starts to diverge slightly.

If you want to get it "perfect" then mock it up in 3d. Otherwise there is no easy way to get it perfectly accurate.
>>
>>2500983
>So how we should go about this?
just dont go out of the cone of vision
>>2500997
it would look like the second but you can not see it since you are only focusing on whats in front so the more to your left or right the glasses are the more skewed they will be,
but again you can not see the distortion, once you look to the left or right it will look normal again
>>
>>2501106
Yep after a while I realized why so
>>2501038
I guess thats all to tell about it then, thank you both guys. Now at least I know what and why, I prefer to have stuff clear instead of just doing something like a mindless fuck
>>
Watch Marshall Vandruff's lecture.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.