[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>artists who are clearly tracing off another artist >the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1457491965130.png (313 KB, 543x673) Image search: [Google]
1457491965130.png
313 KB, 543x673
>artists who are clearly tracing off another artist
>the tracers still get regular commissions

Can someone please explain this to me? Do this people paying have no idea they are clearly tracing? I'm so confused.
>>
Maybe the commissioner just care about getting a drawing they're satisfied with. I like chocolate, but I don't care if it's fairtrade or not. My goal is to have chocolate that tastes good to me. If someone makes money by tracing other people's shit, good for them. Apparently they found a place in the market the original artist didn't bother to fill.
>>
Try explaining to a normie what tracing means and why it's bad.

That's why.
>>
>>2499583

>drawing over someone else's work
>it means you don't have to put any effort into making the shapes look like a person

It's not a difficult concept anon. Most normies would have done tracing of their own back when they were 5
>>
>>2499606
Ok, now tell 10,000 people.
And then be prepared to argue with them when you try to challenge the artwork they thought was good.
>>
>>2499606
but how much does lack of effort in creating shapes determine affect how good the image looks in the end? when the skeletons already done, they can spend the extra time making the rendering look nicer
>>
>>2499583
Yeah, they honestly don't care as long as the final product looks pretty and appealling, even if it's an almost 1:1 straight copy except with a spruced up animu face

>it's traced!
>so? It's better
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.