[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creativity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: ptro.png (363 KB, 1888x1080) Image search: [Google]
ptro.png
363 KB, 1888x1080
Hey folks
as an artist, i feel like it's a really practical skill for me, i mean i find it easy to draw something when i have a clear image in my head and that is why i often end up drawing fanart
although art is my favourite thing, i feel like i am not very creative. do you have any resources/tips on how to become more imaginative, etc?
any help is appreciated senpai
pic not related
>>
I don't really know any resources on how to get more creative. I think it's better to look for places you can find ideas. For me, that is always having paper and a pen or pencil on me so I can sketch what I see. Things that interest me, like trees, buildings, people walking and sitting around. Others have big folders on their PC with a lot of artwork they like. There probably is a theme or art that you are drawn to. That's probably also why fanart works for you. What more interests you?
>>
>>2499195
Creativity comes from fooling around.
You have to keep on trial and errorring until you get something good.

This guy's a musician, but he explains the creative process pretty well and how creative people create things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=OFowXaMFPCg

Ted Talks are generally geared towards academics, but there's things to get out of some of their videos.
https://www.ted.com/talks/julie_burstein_4_lessons_in_creativity?language=en

Creativity isn't something that you work on with exercises. It's something you need to keep on doing.
>>
>>2499212
thanks for the advice mate
i usually like interesting colors and surreal stuff, i like mythology, symbolism, history, pretty pretentious stuff usually i guess
i often write ideas down when im on the train or stuff, but when i get to work it suddenly all seems really stupid to me. like there is no real value to what im working on. idk

2deep4me (sorry)
>>
>>2499230
i guess that is true! i really wish this stuff would come more naturally to me, im more of a practical nature
i do really want to improve in that field though, so im gonna try drawing inspiration from more sources!
also thanks for the links, i'll check them out rn!
>>
>>2499231
>it suddenly all seems really stupid to me
That's a shame. A sketchbook should really be a place where you can put down and work further on the stupid shit you come up with. I love art that contains little girls. I also like architecture and furniture design.
>>
>>2499236
haha, i love my sketchbook, probably because i can put down real ideas so much faster
with paintings i am always worried about multiple things
>does it look good to me but shit to everyone else?
>will i like it in 2 weeks?
>will it fit into my portfolio?
>will it fit into my collection of previous art?
>will the 2-10 hours be worth it in the end?
i feel like im stopping myself a lot with ideas because of these mental barriers

also mate thats an interesting combinaton! haha
i guess everyone draws inspiration from very different combinations
>>
>>2499241
To me it sounds like you're a more creative imaginative person than you credit yourself.
I can't really give you tips on going over on paintings, I usually stop at just drawings.

I guess they come from different places in the heart.
>>
>>2499253
i almost feel like the process of painting itself is more important to me than a finished piece, idk
do you use ink? or do you just stick to pencil? i love just drawing as well, i think at the core everyone loves these things for the same reasons, there is something really fulfilling about making something
>>
>>2499265
I mostly just use pencil, fineliner and ballpoint.
It's lovely to create things, but art in general is just lovely. I walking through the galleries and looking on /ic/ to see if there is some good stuff.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.