[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two hours in, using nothing but photoshop and a mouse. Constructive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Nk9RS7c.jpg (28 KB, 593x725) Image search: [Google]
Nk9RS7c.jpg
28 KB, 593x725
Two hours in, using nothing but photoshop and a mouse.

Constructive feedback please
>>
>Constructive feedback please

1. Post in the beginner thread.
2. Construct the whole head. You obviously aren't confident enough to draw the features in proportion because you flat out didn't do it. That's probably because you didn't do a lay in and just started your shitty rendering.
3. Post in the beginner thread.
4. Get a tablet.
5. Post in the beginner thread.
6. Your coloring is muddy. Try painting in black and white to get an idea of value, skin tones are tricky and usually not that simple pink you think of it as in different light conditions.
7. Post in the beginner thread.
8. Learn how skulls look, it's more than that dopey potato shape.
9. Post in the beginner thread.
10. Learn what hard edges are, especially along the outside.
11. Don't make your own fucking thread.
12. Your nose is lopsided.
>>
>>2498814

Its not finished but thank you anyway
>>
>>2498817
>Its not finished but thank you anyway

You asked for feedback, you got it. There are problems with your process and knowledge that are obvious even before it's done, things you should have in mind long before you started to render.
>>
>>2498808
>"drawing-the-eye-like-a-13-year-old" syndrome/10
>Not posted in the beginner thread
>not above 18 years old
>not constructing the head
>>
>>2498832
>>"drawing-the-eye-like-a-13-year-old" syndrome/10
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2498832
He's referring to the propensity for high school artists to symbol draw the facial features.
Not to mention just about everything else.
>>
>>2498817
>I want critique now!
>But I'm not even done yet!
If you want people to avoid you, pull shit like this. In every stage of your drawing you're applying your knowledge. It doesn't magically come together in the end. A preliminary sketch can reveal how skilled the person is and there can be critique given on that.
>>
>>2498808
Why the heck are you starting with one half of the face instead of.. i dont know.. constructing/sketching the whole head first? Thats the weirdest way to draw face i ever witnessed. Also, the ratios are already fucked up. Something is off about the eye, its too close to the nose/ too big.
>>
>>2498808

why is it always eyes
>>
>>2498808
And the classic focus on the details while ignoring all of the fundamentals.

You need to build a 3D head shape in perspective, pick a light source, shade that head accordingly to the light source, pick colours and tones for the face depending on the light source and surroundings, refine the volumes and values to include the facial shapes... Once all of this is spot on, only then do you even think of rendering and adding details.

But really, I'm sure you can do better than this without even practicing, by just pulling your focus away from details.
>>
>>2499239
I think it comes from the fact that humans focus on eyes the most IRL and thus subconsciously knows what they look like the most.
>>
>>2498808
>Constructive feedback please
buy a tablet
>>
File: StillLife.jpg (49 KB, 1059x720) Image search: [Google]
StillLife.jpg
49 KB, 1059x720
>>2502249
pic related used mouse
that's not his problem

see this
>>2499258
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.