[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need a bit of help mixing and storing paint. I got an airb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 31lQH2bYu8L.jpg (15 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
31lQH2bYu8L.jpg
15 KB, 500x500
Need a bit of help mixing and storing paint.

I got an airbrush, and I decided to cheap it the fuck out, got a pump, brush, and tube acrylic paint that I think till it will spray.
Sure its a pain in the ass, but it thins well, and sprays VERY good, may not be as good as paint specifically for the airbrush, but damn good none the less.

Now, till now I thin the pain it batches for when I use the airbrush, however, I want to stop that, as each time I thin it, its a little different, sometimes its a bit thicker, sometimes its a bit thinner, and its a pain in the ass always needed to adjust.

So I want to get some glass containers for it and mix them in them so there is a bit of a supply.

However this is where i run into issues.
I want to order through amazon as i have gift money and prime, so its free to some extent, but the issues I ran into is most of these are bulk orders. As in I need to pay upwards 100$ to get things that i know would be good.

Now, what i'm looking for, small quantities, low price, glass, clear (due to mixing paint in it) and watertight.

What i think is the best are these.

http://www.amazon.com/CLEAR-Boston-Round-Bottle-Dropper/dp/B00I4BQXVW/ref=pd_sim_328_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=31lQH2bYu8L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1B217YSYT7PRS613SZEK

http://www.amazon.com/CLEAR-Boston-Round-Bottle-Dropper/dp/B00I3PH7EG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I just tested it to find out how much 30ml is, I would be able to completely fill my airbrush cup about 4 times, considering even 1/5th that amount is good for about 3 sheets of a4 paper, I could run off this for a long time.

Issue is that the 30ml can ship shit that isn't what it shows, 15ml is a bit on the small side,

What I would like is 30-60ml glass container and a glass dropper or two, but finding it cheap is an issue.

Anyone know of something better or for cheap?
>>
I have no idea what you are asking
>>
>>2489519
I'm new to airbrushing
I thin my own paint
I want to thin in bulk (well, bulk of 30ml)
I want to use glass for ease of cleanup
I cant find glass that's 30ml and cheap that's good/guaranteed

Im asking if anyone else here knows where I can possibly get a glass vial with dropper, or a glass dropper + glass container on the cheap.
>>
>>2489585
Vitamin cottage.
>>
>>2489513
Given what you're looking for and the fact that you want to buy it through Amazon I think that's that best you'll get.

>Issue is that the 30ml can ship shit that isn't what it shows
That's a really hard sentence to parse, but if you're referring to the fact that the first link you posted is from a private seller there's a seller that's fulfilled by Amazon if you click "other sellers". You'll be able to return them in that case.

If you aren't dead set on glass, there was an explosion of tiny plastic jars on the market after the TSA set a restriction on liquids in carry on bags. You can find tiny plastic and acrylic jars for cheap all over.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.