[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /ic/ i was sent here from /co/ hoping that you guys could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: stressed-simpson.png (96 KB, 316x308) Image search: [Google]
stressed-simpson.png
96 KB, 316x308
Hello /ic/
i was sent here from /co/ hoping that you guys could help me with my problem.
you see, i love comic books and cartoons and i love drawing, because i want to make comics and cartoon, but my problem is that even though i love drawing, my art is (for example) not as good as the girl who draws sonic and invader zim yaoi in my classroom.
so buy how to draw books and download pdf's. and i just can't find anything helpful, they just stress me out when they mention different types of pencils and brain hurting exercises, so i just quit and draw out of depression, and share it just so i can feel better about myself, knowing that what i've made is not something i wanted and what it is, is just cringey.
so i ask you guys.
what can i do?
what can you do to help me?
>>
>>2489415
The only person you should be competing with is yourself. Be better then you were yesterday. Stay focused. As far as pencils "H" pencils are "hard lead (graphite)" for crisp lines etc. "B" pencils are "soft lead" for shading. My advice to you is find something you like to draw and draw it. Don't be afraid to change mediums. Also start learning anatomy structure. Draw a skull 100 x. Practice technique and skill but also have a fun project to keep you motivated. Also... Do no less than at the very least an hour a day on art. Otherwise your not gonna get better. Good luck.
>>
>>2489421
Also... Draw depressing shit if your depressed. People love it.
>>
>>2489415
the very first step is to develop a love of drawing. get yourself accustomed to drawing every day, no matter what it is. dont worry if your drawing sucks, draw to make yourself happy. once you do this, channel that love of drawing into technical skill by using resources from pdfs ect. this way you will have a more positive association with how you improve, and you'll be sure to do it consistently
>>
>>2489415
Get a sketchbook and draw for yourself. Do studies/copies of your favorite cartoon and comic characters or draw you own original ideas. The actuall important thing is that you challange your self at the same time as you move your art in the direction where you want it to go.

And also try to learn some fundamentals on the side of drawing what you like. For example, perspective, values, construction, composition, storytelling etc, This will keep you challanged indefinitely. In a couple of months of drawing in you sketchbook consistenly with the aim to learn and drawing what you like you will see a noticable improvment. However don't get discouraged if you aren't at the level you want to be at yet, that comes with tons of practice. Instead start implementing what you have learned in a larger project be it a illustration or comic panels.

gl&hf
>>
>>2489415
You don't need special materials, duh. Just regular pencils that you write with and a stack of any cheap printer paper. Pick one book to study from and take your time with it. Or just copy drawings by your favorite artist for a while. Just do something consistently for a while.

It's the same thing with working out. People freak out over all these different exercises and diets and worrying about doing things optimally and then end up doing nothing. Or being hardcore for a couple weeks and then giving up when they don't magically look like Arnold Schwarzenegger lol. They could have just bought one pair of dumbells and picked a couple exercises to do consistently for 6 months and they'd be ahead of where they started.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.