[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with frustration?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: frustrated-blond.jpg (73 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
frustrated-blond.jpg
73 KB, 600x593
How do you guys deal with frustration?, its part of being an artist but sometimes I try to bulldoze my way when I frustrated but it seems like the work I produce is subpar.

Does anyone else experience this?.
>>
>>2488593
try to make what you're doing as fun as possible. always take some time to draw things that you enjoy drawing and ignore the quality. try and make finished pieces that you spend at least a few hours on if you don't do that very often
>>
File: 454545452.jpg (69 KB, 800x1024) Image search: [Google]
454545452.jpg
69 KB, 800x1024
Hey I'm just attaching to this thread cause I don't want to make a new one. It's not really traditional art and not too original I know. What you're looking at is the (appropriated) images of 25 different women superimposed something something woman as deity.. I donno.. Just wanted to show some people.

And to answer OP, yeah frustration is a big part of making choices, which I guess art can be seen as thousands of deliberate decisions. It helps me to think back on other things I made that looked like crap mid-process and turned out to be not bad in the end. When you find yourself bulldozing you really gotta ask yourself if it's going in a good direction or savable at this point. Don't fall victim to the sunk cost fallacy ie: it may not be worth it to continue just because you have already put a lot of work into it. But also don't throw out too much because that's counter-productive. It's a delicate balance. Also, deep breathing, close your eyes and pretend you're on a deserted island on the beach, chamomile tea, take a break and continue later in a different state of mind, shit like that.
>>
>>2488593
>Stretch
>Wash face with cold water
>listen to something new (random playlist from tube)
>dont drink to much coffe

Also i hate my current job so i always feel motivated to draw when i come home
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.