[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does drawing stress you out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: how-to-draw-stick-figures01.gif (42 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
how-to-draw-stick-figures01.gif
42 KB, 640x477
Does drawing stress you out?
>>
>>2488308
Shit threads stress me out. Faggot OPs even more.
>>
>>2488314
You sound mad. Are you mad?
>>
>>2488315

You bet I am.
>>
File: Nonon_jakuzure.jpg (32 KB, 480x531) Image search: [Google]
Nonon_jakuzure.jpg
32 KB, 480x531
>>2488319
Maybe even stressed out?
>>
File: 1460813309781.jpg (289 KB, 1315x1696) Image search: [Google]
1460813309781.jpg
289 KB, 1315x1696
>>2488321
Like I want to end it all and join my friends.
>>
At first it did. There was such a high contrast of where I was to where I wanted to be that it made just picking up a pencil discouraging.
>>
Depends what I'm drawing. Just sketching stuff or drawing faces, figures, natural environments etc is relaxing as fuck, but when I try to draw a street scene or interiors or any more complex scene with lots of shit going on that requires a proper perspective grid, I get stressed out as fuck.

I have no idea how comic book artists have the mental fortitute and patience to draw panel after panel of that shit without wanting to kill themselves.
>>
Nah. I stress to make time to draw, so that when I get time to do it, I want to make good shit. At that point I'm worrying about using the time I have well, and get too stressed to focus and make horrible sketches so I waste the rest of my time on polishing turds.

The actual drawing part makes me zen.
>>
>>2488308
Not really.. i draw because i want to if i stuck somewhere i take a break look at it, watch TV or play a game and go back in.
>>
>>2488308
yeah, i've been stressed to the point of depression.
i just want to draw good so i can make comics. but everything i do just seems pointless.
>>
>>2488332
This.
>>2488360
Also this.
>>
It used to. Now I have enough experience where I can usually get what I want out of a piece or if I'm having trouble I can be more methodical and figure out what isn't working.
>>
>draws something
>this is decent considering my capabilities
>gets butt blasted online by people with different standards and experience
it kinda stresses me out to think that its going to be a long time before i can make presentable work that I can post without expecting the worst replies.

This sucks especially since i trained day in and day out with fundamentals and studies but every time i do sometime for fun its objectively way shittier than i'd like
>>
When is for me, is really relaxing, but when is for class or something like that i end up laying in some corner.
>>
More like not drawing stresses me out. The fact that this is pretty much my best bet in terms of a career (which is already ridiculous, don't remind me) makes every second I'm not improving riddled with anxiety.
And the I draw something and I'm reminded I'm way behind the competition and it makes it worse.
>>
File: hm.png (44 KB, 479x600) Image search: [Google]
hm.png
44 KB, 479x600
Yeah, being really shitty at it and unable to draw things properly/the things I want makes me stressed as hell.
Doesn't help that I'm not really good at anything else.
>>
>getting stressed doing my only laid back hobby
What?
>>
>>2490308
this. watercolour pencils are comfy as fuck. soothing, one might add.

but i feel for the other anons, if it's your job and not a hobby i can see how it would be stressful...
>>
Drawing does stress me out. The only way I can have any fun drawing is doing something spontaneously. If I try and plan out a drawing, I can't stick with it and eventually just stop wanting to draw entirely.
>>
When you have a deadline and much of what you have to draw is what you dislike drawing, then it can be pretty stressful.
>>
>>2488308
if it does you are approaching it wrong
>>
>>2490297
youre always good at something else you just dont know it
>>
>draw something
>it looks like shit
>its slightly less shit than a few months ago
I'm a hobbiest, I'll take it. I got more important shit to do anyways.
>>
>>2489466
It forces you to change. Nitpicking everything makes you a better artist in the long run.
>>
>>2491753
>nitpicking everything makes you a better artist
no it doesn't, and this is one of the most damaging beliefs /ic/ has.
>b-but look the finger is wrong! that means this art is SHIT!
this is not beneficial in any way. People don't have the time to make everything about their drawings 100% perfect, thats retarded and slows your progress down.
Being critical of it is one thing, but nitpicking is not.
>>
>>2491763

Yeah honestly their's no such thing as a 100% accurate drawing, and if there was it would be a photocopy of something that was already a photograph.

In actual factuality what makes art marketable at all is the artists "quarks" or what the ass wipes consider mistakes

>b-but muh loomis memes

eat a dick cowboys :^)
>>
>>2488308
Drawing for others stresses me out because I need to deliver quality and deliver it in time.

Drawing for myself is always a joy and never stressful, but I rarely do it anymore because I draw for money so I don't spend my free time drawing some more.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.