[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is art so fulfilling? I find it difficult to relate with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 13
File: Elijah_Price.jpg (35 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Elijah_Price.jpg
35 KB, 450x300
Why is art so fulfilling? I find it difficult to relate with non-artist normies who spend their time consuming tv and videogames all day instead of creating.

Even if art doesn't get me anywhere just being able to put my world and creation on paper feels amazing, I guess i can connect with writers because they have a similar dream
>>
>>2487299
I feel the exact way. I think a lot of people don't know how to teach themselves things and when they reach that stage as a kid where you realize your drawings are childish they don't know how to get any better and then passive consumption of media becomes attractive because it's easy and addictive
>>
>>2487299
Non-artist normies don't all spend their time consuming TV and videogames. There are many ways to create or simply feel fulfilled.
>>
>>2487299
>I find it difficult to relate with non-artist normies who spend their time consuming tv and videogames all day instead of creating.

my nigga.
>>
File: tumblr_o1bps1hA8t1qasnrqo1_500.jpg (78 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1bps1hA8t1qasnrqo1_500.jpg
78 KB, 500x750
>>2487299
>Even if art doesn't get me anywhere just being able to put my world and creation on paper feels amazing

I think this is what I'd call happiness
>>
If you're lucky, they might find a cure for autism sometime soon.
>>
>>2487346

art can get you very far. it's a little depressing seeing how humble and self-defeating people on here are. it's GOOD to be like that if it makes you work extra hard. it's almost necessary to be terrified. but don't let it make you quit or underperform.
>>
File: 1443567022556.jpg (527 KB, 1046x1053) Image search: [Google]
1443567022556.jpg
527 KB, 1046x1053
>>2487299
Why spend your time drawing beautiful people if you can sculpt yourself into one?
>>
>>2487369
>literally everyone mirin'
damn anon that does sound good
>>
>>2487369
Your pic is the reason why
>implying anyone real could ever come close to this marble goodness
also appreciation of beautiful people is more socially respected in the context of art... maybe, idk, not that i'd care
>>
>>2487369
desu i wish this was me
>>
>>2487418
you could become that
>>
>>2487369
you can tell he is compensating for somethign :P
>>
>>2487421
probably for his lack of ligament
>>
>>2487369
Overworked. Needs to go back in with a palette knife and scrape some of that shit out.
>>
>>2487369
Because no one looks like that unless they get jacked on steroids.

And even then you won't look like that forever. You won't even look like that for 1/4 of your lifetime.
>>
>>2487419
With roids
>>
>>2487369

Gonna end of with liver problems.
>>
Why you talking shit bout games nigga? I go to art school 3-7 hours a day and i go home and play videogames when i dont have to do homework. Its one of the main reasons i even care about art.
>>
>>2487369
I bet the statues dick is bigger too
>>
You are so blatantly week one
>>
>>2487892
where did this myth come from? sure, the balls may shrink from lack of use of endogenous testosterone, but penis is a muscle and roids increase the size of all muscles (including heart, which will eventually lead to failure)
>>
>>2487299
News flash kiddo, everyone creates in some way. I dont respect you at all. I think youre an overexcited greenhorn whose enthusiasm doesnt match the output... call me projecting but yeah thats how i know. Ive been there. I can also tell youre here looking for pats on the back for being so "into it," well stfu and keep drawing then. You giant phonie.
>>
>>2487905
i bet OP is a girl that only "creates" for likes on fb and instagram
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (8 KB, 71x72) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
8 KB, 71x72
>>2487902
>penis is a muscle
>>
>>2487902
It probably ends up looking smaller because the legs muscles and everything else gets that much bigger, at least while it's not erect. Also dehydration in case they use that for photoshots possibly shrinks it down further.
>>
File: 1458768862597.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458768862597.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>2488018
Didn't the Greeks think that small penises were aesthetic?
>>
File: 1460682041791.jpg (55 KB, 716x520) Image search: [Google]
1460682041791.jpg
55 KB, 716x520
>>2487369
>>
>>2487840

This is about non-artist normies vs being an artist not about videogames. learn to read
>>
>>2488020
That's because they groomed boys and teens for sex. lmao. that's why Adonis is always depicted as more androgynous than anything.
>>
>>2487905
>>2487909

I bet you're an angry spiteful girl who attacks any other girls that make you realise you don't have the spark
>>
>>2488064
>The Spark
Written by M. Night Shyamalan
>>
>>2488060
im am a non normie artist who spends all my time playing games instead of "creating" so it applies to me as well
>>
>>2488100

>im am a non normie artist who spends all my time playing games instead of "creating"

So you're not an artist, get lost normie
>>
>>2487299
>I find it difficult to relate
That's because of autism and your one-dimensional personality. You won't find common ground with people in the lining of your intestines, so get your head out of your ass.
>>
I don't consider myself an artist.

I'm just a guy who's paid to draw pictures.

I'm a mercenary.
>>
>>2488153
>I'm a mercenary.
I like the sound of that, and strangely that's quite a good comparison, there are mercenaries (aka freelancers) and lords' solders (artists hired with a long term contract)
>>
>>2487369

You can't grow ligameme with roids.
>>
>>2487369
you can only look like this in the prime of your life, you can create good looking art even if you're a wrinkly old mutant
>>
>>2488153
Do you work for the masketta man?
>>
File: IMAG002.jpg (261 KB, 1839x987) Image search: [Google]
IMAG002.jpg
261 KB, 1839x987
Art to some,to Me,is a Calling.

From Neanderthal Grandmaster Oogg,after drawing the first Mammoth Hunt,then took a mouthful of paint and spit all over his hand,compelled to leave some part of himself to last through the ages,the Urge to Create has plagued us. And I do mean Plagued : while the rest of the world is content with mastication, defication and procreation to while away it's fleeting life,an Artist is Not. We must sequester ourselves,struggle and suffer in solitude to coax some accord between Mind and Hand and reach into the Void,the heartless darkness behind the eyes and bring back some image,idea,symbol or unquiet nightmare to the cold light of day,to share with the rest of the poor bastards that would never know of such things if the Artist had not ventured and returned. It is a striving for the New,the Unsuspecting, the Revelation. Why bother,why try,why not just turn on the StupidBox,inhale a bag of Cheetos and finish the evening in a heap of pixels sperm and crumbs?

Because it's a Calling. And a Calling to draw Futa Princess Dick-Dueling for "discerning clientele " can be one as well,so they say. But it doesn't Say much,little enough past "watch out for strange puddles around that guy's computer desk". To me,it's what one says with your art that matters most. You need not be technically skilled to do so,but it helps. You need not be profound in what you say,deep and subtle. A happy simplicity is very welcome,very marketable. Look at your average greeting card,look at Dilbert,or newspaper comics. But try saying something. Anything.

The ultimate goal of art is not to make stuff "good",but to make the imagery Yours,uniquely yours. And I DO pity the non creative people out there. And that's why when one staggers in here to ask for opinions,I will point out what I like and suggest what is needed. They are taking the first steps on a long road,one I would hope they will encourage other on in turn.
>>
File: TouhouImtypingoncpu.png (62 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
TouhouImtypingoncpu.png
62 KB, 400x300
>Draws furries 24/7
>Cash flows constantly.
>Creates more furries.
>Least its fun and pays well.
>Went better than expected.
>>
>>2487299
>spend most of my time watching movies and tv shows and playing vidya
>draw most my creative energy from it
>have the time of my life staying up late, despite having to work the next morning, drawing comics and write a script. Print everything out, store it in a folder and throw it in a bookshelve
>browse them sometimes in hope to find a idea i will finally realize one day
>end up making more of them
>hide them from normie friends to not look like maniac
>have no one i can talk to about my ideas
>they will all think im nutz
>>
>>2488225
this. I feel bad for all the Chad's playing sport as their primary hobby, that destroys their bodies by their mid-thirties
>>
Tbh senpai
>>
>>2487299
i starting to feel similar way, i started feel superior today to normal normies, im complete newby but i started studying anatomy and other shit, i feel so superior, i cant believe i spent my last 10y playing vgames instead of creating and studying art, feel so fullfiling now
>>
>>2488577

Not sure if shitposting but yes, playing sports at a high level will definitely take it's toll on the body. With that said though there is nothing that is quite as destructive as living a sedentary life style. There is nothing that prevents you from being both fit and a great artist. One of the best digital painters I know has some impressive lifts at the gym and he spends most of his awake time drawing or painting. Imagine if you were working out instead of all the time you spend shitposting on 4chan. Everyone has a few hours to spare every week
>>
>>2487299
fulfilling = ego boost from likes on social media and compliments?
>>
>>2488225
false
look at how good this guy looks in his 60s
https://youtu.be/_Q2F3REG3zk
>>
>>2488825

Jesus Christ man enough with this silly talk about social media shit
>>
>>2488263
Where is this one from
>>
>>2487299
I don't know what is it about this screenshot that I find so appealing
>>
>>2488130
did you miss the part where i said i spend 3-7 hours a day doing art studies? i've had that routine for the past 5 years, or are you going to make up some contrived definition of artist to deliever your point?
>>
>>2487369
lifting/artist is the true master race
>>
>>2489052
I wonder if he feels like a rockstar, or a zoo animal.
>>
Anyone else get depressed when they don't draw?
>>
>>2489510
you have no idea
>>
>>2487423

this
>>
>>2487299
i tried drawing but i can't, i don't feel happy when i'm drawing i can't put my ideas on paper.
>>
>>2488834
http://www.jeremeyprickles.com/SLCArboreum.html
>>
>>2489602
Need more loomis
>>
Dunno
I have shit looks and shit personality
I don't feel comfortable around other persons
I'm boring.
Drawing is the only good thing about me which I also somewhat enjoy
Also, most important, even if I suck at drawing, I just keep coming back. There's a yearning inside me, even if I get frustrated to the point I want to quit, I just keep coming back.
>>
>>2487840
>not giving yourself assignments
Not going to make it
>>
>>2488015
It is a smooth muscle, yes. Just like heart and intestinal lining. Let me guess, baby didnt even have his first anatomy lesson?
>>
At the end of the day, almost everyone has their own passions and hobbies that they're always pursuing in their own way, that satisfies them in the same way art satisfies you.

It can be easy to forget when creating art is such a large part of your life, but other people aren't just "you, minus art." That art hole isn't just filled with consumption of external media - we all consume external media. That hole's filled with completely different hobbies.
A massive football fan might as well look at any of us and say "what a weirdo, he just consumes TV and videogames all day instead of experiencing the creative thrill of team sports," ignoring the fact that we're filling the football void with art.
>>
>>2487369
>Whynotboth.jpeg
>>
>>2487892
>>2487421

Don't be such a short poppy.
>>
>>2487369

The roids flowing through this body....
>>
>>2489052
This. I don't respect artists who look ugly and skinny fat.
>>
>>2487299
someones gotta look at it anon, we cant all be cre-at-ors.
>>
>>2488720
"I want to make it."
>>
>>2493458

>I'm a shallow idiot who judges artists by their physical appearance.
>>
>>2487357
Seriously. ever go to prison? All that time spent drawing sexy ladies pays off
>>
>>2487347
>If you're lucky, they might find a cure for autism sometime soon.
Confirmed for not even passing basic biology class.
>>
art has made me miserable.
>>
>>2491026
Cardiac muscle is not smooth muscle. Or have you never had an anatomy lesson?
>>
>>2491026
Also the penis is not a muscle, it just has a spongy material that fills with blood, I think it's called the corpus spongeosum or something. Who the fuck was your anatomy teacher? Hope you aren't in health care
>>
>>2494205
>implying you can't sculpt the body
>rags on artists who don't try
>defends artists who don't try with something else
>>
>>2487369
he looks roided out David is a natty brah
>>
>>2487638
its a disgusting look, people only want to look that way because it's a meme
>>
>>2491026
Cardiac muscular tissue is literally called striated cardiac muscle, you idiot.
The penis is also not a muscle, or do you really think your dick is having continuous involuntary contractions. The penis does have some muscle at it's root, but even then it is striated muscle so you are still wrong.
I hope you are baiting.
>>
>>2488263
That was beautiful. Thanks for that.
>>
>>2487369

Anatomy time!

Is that guy's sartorius alone choking the quads so much? Or is there some other muscle/ligament that suppresses that bulge as it goes up his leg?

>le roids

Actually, he's not that big. The contrast on the photo and his vascularity are jacked up to 11 while his body fat is low.
>>
>>2494445
i think it's sad that you obviously had to google that and then call someone retarded
>>
>>2494923
Nice projection, I'm a biomed student.
>>
>>2494445
It really does stretch and contract involuntarily, but not all the time, just like peristalsis doesnt happen all the time. Are you a woman? Cause it's common sense for men.
>>
>>2487337
>>2487332
>>2487299
Autist faggots, not just because you can create something means the world wants to see it or that it will cultivate your culture/intelligence in a way that will make you a more interesting person.

If you are a self proclaimed "artist" I'm already looking down upon you.

I've had more meaningful conversations with physicists than with artists.
>>
>>2494993
That is different. The urethral sphincter has some involuntary contractions like all muscles, but it is still striated muscle, meaning you can control it.
You cannot control a smooth muscle, you cannot control your peristaltic movement consciously, the best you can do it hold it in or force out a shit early.
>>
File: 1459359483861.jpg (41 KB, 588x490) Image search: [Google]
1459359483861.jpg
41 KB, 588x490
>>2494998
This, desu.
>tfw STEM student
>taking uni level figure drawing and painting classes for funsies
> all save for one person in each class is vapid and pretentious despite having little skill
>my CS peeps and I talk about philosophy, lifting, music, and psychedelics while coding
This may just be due to university in the Bible belt though.
>>
>>2494998

OP isn't talking about being better or more intelligent than others, just that it's more fulfilling. Literally what he said. Stop putting ing words in his mouth
>>
>>2494998
>I've had more meaningful conversations with physicists than with artists.

Artists are drama seeking women.
>>
>>2487299
Why is financial monopolism so fulfilling? I find it difficult to relate with non-magnate normies who spend their time "expressing themselves" all day instead of investing.

Even if my money doesn't get me human insight just being able to own the world and all of creation on paper feels amazing, I guess i can connect with industrialists because they have a similar dream
>>
>>2496914

Op here made me kek 10/10
>>
>>2495028
sounds like you're just a little more insecure and reserved in an environment you're not as comfortable in.
>>
>>2487299
>>2487299
You answered your own question OP

People who are born with the desire to create achieve great fulfillment in doing so

This of course comes with the potential side effect of becoming a pedantic asshole like most of the residency here
>>
>>2487299
You are not special, nigger. I can probably relate to some random dude more than your autistic ass
>>
>>2497508

I don't think I am jew, if anything I try to encourage normies to be more creative. I WISH I found more artisans around me so I can find something meaningful to converse about

but sadly the 1 percent rule applies even outside the internet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_(Internet_culture)
>>
>>2497261
Thank god, i've been checking back for validation every few hours.
>>
I know how you feel.

creative hobbies > consuming hobbies
>>
>>2497532
>I don't think I am jew
what does being a jew have to do with anything. that doesn't even make any sense.
>>
>>2497731

Just missed a comma, you called me a nigger and called you a Jew back. Just the usual 4chan comradery
>>
>>2487905
this
/thread
>>
>>2487299
as a writer, I feel the same way. In the times I don't write I feel less alive.
>>
>>2496914

Underrated
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.