[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fell into the copy other artist and make nothing original loop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: boss.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3509) Image search: [Google]
boss.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3509
I fell into the copy other artist and make nothing original loop when trying to learn from them, how do i get out of this?
>>
Death is the only way out
>>
>>2485641
copy loads of artists you like, decide what you like and don't like about their art, which will refine your taste
>>
Look to other artists, of varying styles and eras. Don't get stuck learning from/copying one artist, you'll always be a pale imitation at best that way.

Apply these varying influences into your personal work, do many, many, MANY studies not just of the artists you like and their styles, but of traditional subjects as well. (Still life, figure drawing, gestures etc.)
>>
start drawing requests
>>
>>2485641
I haven't seen that yoji shinkawa piece. where'd you get it?
>>
>>2485659
https://art.alphacoders.com/by_sub_category/195501?page=1
>>
>>2485645
>>2485646
im probably going to start following this, thanks
>>
>>2485664
wewlad ty
>>
>>2485641
Draw from imagination for a while. That helped me.
>>
Do you mean like doing actual copies of their drawings, or just ripping off their style?

If the former, start doing the latter. Apply their style to your own ideas - if you can do that it shows you actually understand their visual language and you're not just rote copying.
If the latter, do what >>2485645 said and start being discerning about what you want to keep and what you don't.
>>
>>2485641
Try to mix few artists influences in your personal pieces. Like this guy is drawing nice hands and that one has a cool style for eyes for example. Grab it in smash it together and with the a lot of practice your own style will eventually emerge.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.