[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Painting with Mouse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 3-Tastenmaus_Microsoft.jpg (353 KB, 800x701) Image search: [Google]
3-Tastenmaus_Microsoft.jpg
353 KB, 800x701
Hi /ic/

I've completed some drawings with MSPaint+Flash MX 8 and I want to paint them to make em slick.

What is the best digital painting software for use with a mouse? Is it possible to get somewhat quality work from painting with a mouse?

What is the best software for mouse-painting?
>>
Is this 2007
>>
>ms paint
>>
OP if you don't want to invest in a tablet, just stick with traditional. Drawing with a mouse is not worth it.
>>
Unless you're doing something like pixel art don't bother, it'll look like trash.
It's POSSIBLE to get good at it but the time and effort investment is so large for such marginal gains that you'd have been better off with any other medium.
>>
>>2485056

As long as you've got a decent enough mouse and a surface on which to use it, you can paint in pretty much any program.

Drawing is a bit trickier and obviously much easier with a tablet but still doable.

You might want to look for programs that have some sort of lazy-mouse function.

People were painting with mice long before tablets were commercially widespread.
>>
The question you should be asking yourself is whether your time is worthless or not. If your time is absolutely worthless than by all means, spend years trying to figure out drawing with a mouse like a fucking retard. If your time isn't worthless, then go to the store and get some god damn pencils and printer paper. There are some things a mouse can do, like vector or pixel art, but unless you're already proficient at drawing you'll find yourself very unproductive in both.

Get a Huion Giano or leave this board.
>>
>>2485136
Thanks for this. I think my setup (mouse/surface/seating) works well.

Do you know of any programs with mouse-specific feature?
>>
>>2485059
>Is this 1997

fixed
>>
>>2485125
I prefer mouse when work with vector. In adobe Illustrator.
>>
>>2485183
firealpaca has some mouse stroke smoothing features. plus its free
>>
way back in the day mouse was actually preferred by mullins and he was using photoshop (albiet a rudimentary version). it's not like the fundamentals of painting change by using a different tool, but it doesn't make much sense not to use a tablet these days
>>
>>2485056
Photoshop, i'd strongly reccommend
Ive done good painting with the mouse
>>
>>2485318
Just switched to it. Works really damn well, thanks a ton.

>>2485439
I'll give Photoshop a try in the future.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.