[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do the realizations and moments of enlightenment we get in art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 08-ted-cruz.w529.h529.jpg (92 KB, 529x529) Image search: [Google]
08-ted-cruz.w529.h529.jpg
92 KB, 529x529
Do the realizations and moments of enlightenment we get in art come because we practice a lot and the brain picks it up without us realizing or because no one told us what we needed to know?

Idk I feel like it will take me months of practice then I suddenly understand and it seems so painfully obvious. I don't want to waste my time working hard if there is just a list of things you need to do.
>>
>>2484175
>I don't want to waste my time working hard if there is just a list of things you need to do.
Sure anon, there's just a simple list of things you need to do that nobody ever, in the entire history of humans arting has ever, ever thought to put down in writing.

>tacit knowledge
It's actually an existing problem; nobody simply tells you how to do it, because nobody entirely knows what and how to tell you.
>>
I don't get this. What is it that you 'suddenly understand'? Like when I study anatomy there is never a point where I have sudden enlightenment or whatever, just normal practice and visual memorization.
What is it that you're learning?
>>
>>2484633
Not OP but I had to train how to move objects in 3D, like I couldn't even make a cube and then after just drawing whatever for a while suddenly I just understood how to move any 3D object around.

I haven't ever had this happen with any other fundamentals yet
>>
>>2484175
You might be trying to learn too many things at one time.

If you try to learn by focusing on everything all at once instead of breaking it down into manageable portions you won't learn as effectively.

You're juggling too much information and your brain can't cope, it has to prioritize in order to make use of the information.

Certain things will inevitably stick out more to you and you'll learn those things well and everything else will be kind of hazy.
Your brain will only commit to memory things that stimulate it repeatedly and often.
It seems to help if what you're trying to learn is similar or related to something you already know, and that's probably where this "enlightenment" comes from.

For example:

You want to learn concept 1, 2 and 3.
They are all somewhat related, but for whatever reason you understand 1 and 3 more easily, while 2 is a harder concept for you to grasp.
Eventually you get really good at 1 and 3, you go back to learn concept 2 and wow easy as fuck.
You realize that 50% of concept 2 is just understanding concepts 1 and 3.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.