[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talent or different learning style?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: alticon.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
alticon.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
I believe what people refer to as "talent" isn't neccessarily what we think when we hear the word. Let's face it, art seems to come easier to some people than others, but they aren't born with a talent, just an ability to learn quicker.

I think part of the problem is that people learn differently. Some are visual, some are auditory, and some are mechanical meaning some have to see it b done to learn or read about it, some have to hear an explanation and others have to try it themselves to understand.

But unless you're in art school (and even then sometimes not) you likely aren't beginning or ven continuing your art education with your learning stye in mind.

I learn from listening to others explain (whihc is often a bit visual since, yknow, art) but with art a lot of the study is mechanical application.

So I suggest to you to help me test this out. Figure out what your learning style is based upon how you learned best in other subjects, then try applying that style to your studies.

So if you're visual, read, study som photos and figures (even without drawing gestures), and watch how others do their process.

If you're auditory, listen to some lectures and people who narrate their work

If you're mechanical, then you probably don't have any trouble doing studies.

I'm genuinely curious if determining learning style could help those of us who improve slowly to improve more rapidly. A lot of us who don't learn mechanically find doing studies to be tiring and draining and may even take the fun out of drawing while others aren't bothered and don't have to force themselves at all.

So let's give i a shot.

The only rule: You still have to study fundamentals no matter what there's really no getting out of it, but see if hearing an explanation of a study helps you more than reading it or seeing it or any other combo.
>>
File: 554fd34779de5-full-96.jpg (41 KB, 412x720) Image search: [Google]
554fd34779de5-full-96.jpg
41 KB, 412x720
tl;dr sum it up plz.
>>
>>2483560
There's different styles of learning, so what if people who seemingly have "talent" just happen to have mechanical learning styles, meaning doing studies comes easier to them, thus they improve faster than those of us who dawdle because studies aren't always fun.
>>
>>2483564
Furthemore, what if we adjusted how we learn art to our normal learning style, would we improve faster?
>>
>>2483558
Talent or not u still need insane amounts of hours
>>
>>2483572
Oh yeah, but the kind of learning style would still affect whether or not those hours fel like minutes or days, you know?

I find doing studies everyday without any kind of break (meaning, fun drawing) to be really torturous but when I can learn from a variety of sources my interest is more held.
>>
>>2483560
>>2483558
You have fucking terrible taste in women
>>
>>2483558
Is that another one of Ilya's drawings?
>>
>>2483558
I assume kjg is visual, since he said as inspiration he likes to flip through pics
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.