[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alexis Flower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7
What do you guys think of Alexis' work? Is it a style worth pursuing?
>>
>>2483126
>>
File: p98.jpg (705 KB, 2321x2883) Image search: [Google]
p98.jpg
705 KB, 2321x2883
>>2483129
>>
File: p232.jpg (916 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
p232.jpg
916 KB, 900x1165
>>2483131
>>
File: p247.jpg (495 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
p247.jpg
495 KB, 900x1165
>>2483133
>>
File: scene15block3.jpg (441 KB, 950x1595) Image search: [Google]
scene15block3.jpg
441 KB, 950x1595
>>2483135
>>
>>2483137
Last one.
>>
"Pursuing" somebody else's style isn't going to do much for you if your own art isn't good. After all, digital rendering and filtering can't polish a turd.
>>
>>2483197
Meh I don't see the big deal, everyone has to have something to shoot for and if pursuing a certain style motivates someone to draw and get better than I think it's fine and as the person skills grows their style will naturally come into it's own.
>>
>>2483129
needs loomis
>>
>>2483126
not particularly, no. why?
>>
>>2483126
Doesn't this question depend on what kind of personality you have and how your art looks anyways...

Seems like a dumb style to me, doesn't say anything meaningful. seems like a superficial style that tries to put bad shapes and colors together.
>>
>>2483126
Honestly I don't hate it but I don't like it. I feel like her work is someone who has a lot of ideas but not all of the principles and fundamentals down so things happen like in the first pic where everything is crazy busy and it gets messy and all the detail is lost.

Like they're someone who you'd like to watch improve, and maybe when their skills are up you'd enjoy them but currently they're kinda hard to look at.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.