[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im getting back into art soon, and still have my intuos 3 is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Wacom_Intuos3_A5.jpg (1 MB, 2461x1872) Image search: [Google]
Wacom_Intuos3_A5.jpg
1 MB, 2461x1872
im getting back into art soon, and still have my intuos 3

is it worth getting the newest tablet, or is the intuos 3 still worth using?
>>
Intuos 3 is better than the current and last gen intuoses imho. Top tier tablet, you have no excuse to not use it.
>>
I still use mine. If it was good enough before I figure there is no reason why it shouldn't still be.
>>
>>2482710
ok cool thanks
>>2482729
i guessed there might be some advances in tech in the past 10 years i guess not?
>>
I agree with anon that the intuos 3 is GOAT

The only problem is that it's not wide screen so you actually might want to consider getting a new one unfortunately because it will affect your drawing to a degree.

If you get any new tablet get a Huion Giano.
>>
people say it's still good, I advise you consider changing it if you want to draw on a bigger surface.
Only direct upgrade in the last few years I ca think of is a cintiq but some people don't even consider it an upgrade if your used to drawing without one.. So basically it comes down to your own prefs. Give it a whirl for a few weeks and see where your opinion lands
>>
yeah 3 and 4 are amazing. the pro is a ripoff and basically the exact same shit and pressure levels for 350$.
>>
>>2482706
I use my intous3 large more than my 13HD, I even pawned my 13HD.
>>
>>2482706
Before you decide to purchase yourself a new tablet, you have to ask yourself first

Do you have the spark?
>>
File: fatchick.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fatchick.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
>>2482706
2d tablets are so 1992. you should buy an HTC VIVEĀ®
>>
>>2482706
Still using my Intuos 3 large to this day, shit's whack. I'll probably only upgrade to a Cintiq.
>>
>>2482750
There are 16:10 versions, like the one in the OP image.
And you can force proportions in the tablet settings page to fit the most common 16:9 screens.
All that does is cut a bit of the usable tablet space near the bottom. But it's not an issue at all since you're not even looking at the tablet screen anyway.
>>
>>2482941

Wacom is gonna make so much green when the make VR tablets to digitize like a virtual sketchbook. Life drawing from nude models from the comfort of your own home.

Hey wacom, I patented this idea so if you want it, pay me.
>>
Honestly, I'd still be using mine if it weren't for the fact that my cord broke. That's literally the only design flaw it has. If it had a replaceable wire like the new Intuos Pros do, it'd probably be my absolute favorite.
>>
>>2482706
Wacom Bamboo Fun user here, just to tell you: as long you have the correct set of drivers for your PC, that Intuos it's a pretty good drawing tool ;3
>>
How can you people stand drawing on something you can't look at? I NEED to see where my lines are in conjunction with my pencil/brush.

That's why I'm considering a memepad Pro
>>
>>2483398
is called a cursor, retard.

as a matter of fact, you've got a much better view without your hand occluding half of the thing all the time.
>>
>>2483411
I had an Intuos Draw and you literally could not see a cursor pop up until the stylus was practically touching the fucking pad.

It's okay I know you're just bitter and poor and can't afford an iPad
>>
>>2483421
>Intuos Draw
>The cheap Intuos

kek, you wasted 60 dollars on a defective piece of shit. The cursor should appear when the pen is hovering a little above the surface.
>>
>>2483421

Sounds like you just have shit hand eye coordination, the intuos 4 cursor works reliably about 1.5cm away from the surface which is more than enough room.
>>
>>2483432
>>2483436

It felt like the hand/eye coordination was off using that piece of shit, and if I wanted to tilt my tablet and look up while drawing, my lines went another direction I wanted them to go.

That's why I need a screen.
>>
>>2483437
It's because they're fucking tiny. It's like cranking your mouse sensitivity up as high as it can go. Please consider trying a bigger tablet. The Huion Giano is the best traditional style tablet currently available and is less than >$200. Don't fuck around with that Cintiq shit if you don't have to.
>>
>>2483437
pros seem to agree that a BIG cintiq is the most natural way for doing detailed linework. for everything else, eg painting, intuos pro is the way to go.
>>
>>2483421
>tells somebody he's bitter and poor
>can't even buy a decent Intuos
Could have bought yourself a nice Intuos3 for around that price.
>>
File: cuk cuk cuk.jpg (204 KB, 438x668) Image search: [Google]
cuk cuk cuk.jpg
204 KB, 438x668
>>2483437
>I need a screen

There are two factors that make a cintiq desirable versus a traditional style tablet and neither of them are the fact that you're looking at the drawing surface itself, in my opinion.

1. Resolution

The active area of many traditional style tablets is often way smaller than your monitor's screen, which causes a small motion on the tablet to represent a much larger one on the monitor. A cintiq, because it has a built in monitor, will always have a 1:1 active area.

2. Physical rotation

While many art software allow you to virtually rotate the canvas, it's always seemed very cumbersome. Being able to do this in the real world is admittedly very convenient.

I have two large sized traditional tablets, the Huion Giano and the Intuos 5 Large and thanks to the size of their active areas I can make pretty much any mark on the tablet I feel like, with whatever drawing errors occur being mostly my own as a result, on both. I've had a Cintiq before and it just wasn't the panacea I thought it was going to be. Don't buy a Cintiq just because you suck at drawing and think it will turn you into a pro artist, it's a waste of money and I've been there.
>>
>>2482941
why are people so fucking fat these days
>>
>>2483907
America.
>>
>>2482706

I would invest in a cintiq 13HD.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.